In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

my first wheelgun . .

flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just mailed the paperwork into the NYPD for a purchase order for a S&W 686 .357 mag in stainless with a 6" barrel. For those of you unfamiliar with our "enlightened" gun laws in NYC, I can now look forward to 4 to 8 weeks of deliberation by the NYPD's pistol license division as to whether I should be allowed to purchase this firearm (never mind that I'm already licensed to own my .45). Then, after they issue me the purchase order I have to report to police headquarters within 72 hours of purchasing the gun for an "inspection". All this after I already went through a year-long process to get my initial pistol permit. To top it off, you can only submit one purchase request every 90 days - and no more than one can be in the system at any given time. Every time I buy a new handgun, I have to repeat the above process . . every time.

And, although I am a property owner both in the city and in rural upstate NY, I can NEVER bring any of my longuns into my apartment here in NYC unless they are registered individually with the NYPD.

Oh well. I'm looking foward to the S&W though.

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, just a lot to go thru. Be patient, more patient than I would be. And I thought one pistol every 30 days was a hassle.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I hope you really like your S&W 686.

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    Move.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Move.

LOL! I went to college out in Colorado, and my best friend comes from 3 generation of cattle ranchers. Everytime he comes to NYC to see me he says the same thing.

New York is a funny place. My first year here, I really hated it. But now I've been here for almost 9 years, and I've really grown to love this city. It's never boring, it will at times drive you mad, but to me, it's now home. I do know that there will come a day when I wake up and say "enough!!" and think about moving. But that day is not here yet.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Flat, I moved a tenant to Stanford Conn a few years back. Us in a Ford Dooley and 28' enclosed car hauler. NEVER again. No where to park ! I did have a local Police Officer let me leave my rig on a sidestreet overnight. Put a sticker on it and guaranteed me it wouldn't get towed. I left at 2 AM and he was making his rounds. I gave him a $20 dollar bill ( in which he didn't want ) BUT I insisted he take it for breakfast.( and he did ) What a madhouse..
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Flat, I moved a tenant to Stanford Conn a few years back. Us in a Ford Dooley and 28' enclosed car hauler. NEVER again. No where to park ! I did have a local Police Officer let me leave my rig on a sidestreet overnight. Put a sticker on it and guaranteed me it wouldn't get towed. I left at 2 AM and he was making his rounds. I gave him a $20 dollar bill ( in which he didn't want ) BUT I insisted he take it for breakfast.( and he did ) What a madhouse..

Stanford CT, h@ll, that's the country!
    edited November -1
    I went over the GW bridge and came back the Tappan Z bridge. Saw the worst wreck ever at 2 am. Car was chasing another car and zoomed by me at least going 100 mph. First little car cut left over 3 lanes and missed the exit. Hit a barrier and BOOM .. stopped instantly. I couldn't stop too much traffic.
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Move.

[xx(]!!DITTO!![xx(]

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke