In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How to switch Mags?

NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I bought another Chinese SKS that is in excellant shape.The guy put a Butler Creek Stock on it and fixed it where you can change Mags. It came with 2 20 RD and a 30 RD and he had the original Mag that came with it. Are these 20 RD Mags reliable or should I put the original Mag back on it. If so how do you put it back on?

Comments

• matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nighthawk
    I bought another Chinese SKS that is in excellant shape.The guy put a Butler Creek Stock on it and fixed it where you can change Mags. It came with 2 20 RD and a 30 RD and he had the original Mag that came with it. Are these 20 RD Mags reliable or should I put the original Mag back on it. If so how do you put it back on?

9463 Postings. And I thought I was gun dumb. Once you change its manufacturers specs. Take it to the track, open her up and see what she has, because it isn't worth poop now.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:9463 Postings. And I thought I was gun dumb. Once you change its manufacturers specs. Take it to the track, open her up and see what she has, because it isn't worth poop now.

I'll do just that as soon as I have time, for now I will rely on my knowledgable friends here at GB.[;)]

BTW: Thanks Matwor that site will be very helpful.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,867 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I tried my Norinco SKS with composite and steel 20, 25, and 30 round detachable mags and none would feed right. I finally put the factory fixed back on. You have to remove the stock, and then you can install the fixed mag.
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by penetraitor
    quote:Originally posted by Nighthawk

9463 Postings. And I thought I was gun dumb. Once you change its manufacturers specs. Take it to the track, open her up and see what she has, because it isn't worth poop now.

WTHever!!![}:)][}:)]

Thanks for nothing with this post. A wise man once said, "The only stupid question, is a question never asked."