In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H. M. Hamilton dbl bbl???????

matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Anybody know of this gun manufacture? There is an ad here with an old dbl bbl, the guy says the gun is made sometime in the 1870's, made by a blacksmith, says H.M. Hamilton on it. He says all the parts were handmade on it. Two triggers, external hammers, excellent condition, the wood is not cracked, the metal in awesome shape. I asked if it was blackpowder, if there was a ramrod under the bbls., he said no, and that it was approximately 12 ga. The thing is he says it has been in his family for over 100 years. He is asking 300.00 for it, needs the money, he says. I asked if there were any other guns he had and he said if I would buy this one he would throw in a CVA .50 cal muzzleloader, with a camo syn. stock with some accessories.

What is your guys take on this, this is all I know about it. I'd kinda like to get with him to see it, really don't have the money but with Wannemacher coming up, a guy starts thinking he could make a buck here.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke