In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

info NY bill requiring insurance for gun owners

armed_ femalearmed_ female Member Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in General Discussion
NYC Councilman Kendall Stewart has introduced INT 363-2003 which would

require rifle and shotgun owners to obtain yearly liability insurance.

[xx(][V][:(!]

If this makes it we are all going to be looking for insurance, and who knows some home insurance companies may cancel our insurance just because we have firearms in our home!

homelanddefensewp004_small1.jpg

SGT RRG

Texas State Assistant Director
Armed Females of America

Gun Control is Hitting Your Target!

Comments

• DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone isn't very bright. This is covered by homeownes insurance or renters insurance. UNLESS it is a self-defense shooting which is an INTENTIONAL act and NOT covered in many states. Is this clown above room temp?
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think what armed_female is pointing out is that it is liability. Home or renters insurance might cover the weapon (usually not at a very good rate), and liability on premises, but not if someone steals it and commits a crime... Why just rifle and shotgun owners???
    I have gun insurance through the NRA and it provides this by default I think...

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It will cover it if the theft was because you were "negligent"...for example leaving it loaded and unprotected etc. Your homeowners often extends beyond the walls of the home. Most homeowners have at LEAST SIX figures in coverage and I (as others do) have an umbrella with a full million on it. Hardly chopped liver.