In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Rare Nature show for me with Pic's

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in General Discussion
Photobucket wont let me post them all at once so I will try and do it in sections.

These are photos of when I was in Pismo beach taken from my room. This is the first time I have ever seen Gray whales this close into shore
about 300 yards from the break.

This guy breached about 4 times. the show lasted about 4 hours. I figured ther was at least 30 in the pack. I will post more later,
the coolest one that I have is a whale in the background Dolphins riding the surf with a guy in the water watching.

I have lived along the coast most of my life and have never had a show like this.

whale4.jpg
Whale.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    BTW the first pic< if I recall is his head as he is comming out of the water.
  • Options
    SG_NinerSG_Niner Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sweet! i just heard that leather backs are being seen off of marin coast above golden gate.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    We were just up there last month, to Pismo.

If you go a little further up the coast to Cambria, drive over to Moonstone Beach
    and check out the enormous Sea Elephants - they haul themselves out up on that beach - and of course a little further north to San Simeon - big beach up there full of them, too.

Pretty neat sight to see if you've never seen them.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap

If you go a little further up the coast to Cambria, drive over to Moonstone Beach
    and check out the enormous Sea Elephants - they haul themselves out up on that beach - and of course a little further north to San Simeon - big beach up there full of them, too.

Moonstone Beach in cambria is on of our hang outs(were not part of the pod people in the area.[:D]) We have some great video of the bull elephants butting heads.
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap

That's what San Simeon originally was -- a whaling village just below where Hearst Castle is now.
    Cool Place ( in more ways than one ) [^].
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great pictures FrancF [^].
    Never seen whales that close to shore at Pismo.