In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Elizabeth Smart-Salt Lake Kidnap Victim....

RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in General Discussion
The prime suspect in this nationally known case, Richard Ricci, is being reported as dead by the local Television stations. Ricci, who suffered a major stroke Tuesday of this week, was allowed to die this evening at about 7:30 p.m. when his family authorized his removal from life support systems. It is being reported that Ricci was brain dead.

This is further complicating this kidnapping case....there are no other suspects being reported by the Salt Lake City Police Department.

If You Can't Buy a Pair, Get a Spare!

Comments

• Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has never been revealed whom the younger sister said was in the house. She apparently knew the kidnapper, he was in the house for a long time, she saw who it was and she told cops & her parents who it was that she saw.

Now that Ricci is dead, there may no longer be a need to withhold that information, if it was Ricci. At that point, the sad truth is the family will have to wait until Elizabeth is found, as they may not get any further information to lead the cops to her.

- Life NRA Member
    "If cowardly & dishonorable men shoot unarmed men with army guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary...and not by general deprivation of constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878
  • Options
    LaineyLainey Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is what ABC news said about it:
    S A L T L A K E C I T Y, Aug. 31 - A suspect in the kidnapping of 14-year-old Elizabeth Smart died Friday at a hospital three days after suffering from a brain hemorrhage and collapsing in his jail cell, doctors said.
    Earlier Friday, doctors had said Richard Albert Ricci, 48, had an irreversible injury to the brain stem after the hemorrhage Tuesday night.
    He had not been listed as brain dead because he could still breathe on his own, although he was on a ventilator, Dr. Richard J. Sperry said.
    Ricci's family, including his wife, Angela, his mother, brother and sister, decided to take Ricci off life support, doctors at University of Utah Hospital said.
    Police had said Ricci's death could make it difficult to ever find Elizabeth or her abductors.

Here is California, we have had quite a few kidnappings in the past month. They finally started the Amber Alert system, and so far they found the first 2 girls, and shot the kidnapper. Then yesterday or the day before, a little boy was taken from his bed, dressed only his underwear and they found him today in Mexico. This morning another little girl was taken, and thanks to the Amber Alert system, she was spotted today by truckers, who tried to box-in the car she was riding in, but they got away. At least she was seen. It will only be a matter of time before she is found. She was supposedly taken by here mentally ill mother.
    Thanks to the Amber Alert system, more kids are being found alive now instead of dead like the little girl from San Diego. Too bad it took her death to get the government to put the system into effect. Too much red tape!

Lainey
  • Options
    LaineyLainey Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Saxton,
    Thanks for the welcome!
    I live in the Northbay Area, where Polly Klass was kidnapped out
    of her bedroom a few years back. That is why I follow these
    kidnapping to see if they find the kids or not. I hate to see
    the same thing happen to them that happened to Polly.
    And good news this morning, I heard that they found the little
    girl who was taken by her mentally ill mother. That is 2 for 2 in 3 days that they have found thanks to the Amber Alert system. The
    park ranger who found the RV she was in, saw the license number on the Amber Alert sign on the freeway.
    What part of CA are you from? I lived in San Diego for awhile during
    my ex's Navy tour. But I like it in Northern CA better.

Lainey