In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help IDSman buy a Barrett.

nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
The Army Ideas for Excellence Program

Think of a way for the Army to save money and he'll receive a monetary award for the savings!

I've got one submitted on the AF side, my savings for the Air Force was $459,000, but I get 15% of the savings up to $10,000. After taxes that equals $7,300. I find out probably next month if approved.

Comments

• Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    Uh, no.

Not until I submit an idea get approved, and get mine.

Then he can use my idea!!!!![:D]

fm_cr.jpgcomp45.gif

Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals
    Handgun Control, Inc. says they want to "Keep guns out of the wrong hands."
    Guess what?
    You have the wrong hands.
  • Options
    spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking, I'm thinking![:D]
    Doubt that I will come up with an answer till there is some assurance that I will get to shoot it though![;)]

spiny
    'not all who wander are lost'
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I could save them a ton of cash by doing their ammo and weapons testing[small arms]for no charge.[:D] I'd even give them a couple of bucks. Bet a lot of folks would.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Use more nukes and keep our boys here to fight the trash on inner city streets.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How 'bout when Hummer's need to be repainted have them painted with Olive Drab Rhino Lining. Even could add kevler bits to the paint.

Cheap, tough, offers some shrapnel protection.
  • Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    LOL, gotcha covered, get rid of "AREA BEAUTIFICATION"! They spent twenty thousand dollars on marigolds when I was stationed in Korea then had the soldiers plant them around the barracks, mess halls, battallion headquarters, battery headquarters, ect ect ect. They died within a week because they were planted in sand. That was at 1 camp just for flowers. Multiply that times 10 or 15 for the rest of Korea and then multiply that times the amount of bases around the globe and see how much it is. I want a barret too if you get them to do it. Its staggering how much waste is in the military, should be easy to come up with ways to save money.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I put one in last year but it got shot down, 'Quit smogging Military vehicles in California'.

The State doesn't require it done, or the Fed Gov.. It was started by the AF to get ready for California to try to screw it over. Every vehicle get's smogged annually, when no law requires it.

The State Guard military vehicles aren't smogged, but the U.S. military trucks are.....They even smog farm tractors (diesel opacity), talk about wasting man hours.

I did a diesel opacity test on a fuel tanker for the planes and it failed. I waivered the engine, you want to hear about some folks getting their panty's tied up in a knot!