In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NOLAN RYAN endorses liberal

jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in General Discussion
i just saw it on tv-the great texas legend nolan ryan has endorsed liberal democrat john sharp for lt. governer, i'm sick of my stomach.

Comments

• Options
    maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sharp wasnt getting my vote, and now nolan is off my list of great pitchers. we should kick him out of the state.

The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226
  • Options
    muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read once where all the heroes will fall from grace in the eyes of their admirers just before the end of the world. I'm beginning to believe it more every day.

muley

****I love the smell of Hoppes #9 in the morning****
  • Options
    mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HATE professional sports!! Here we have people who are good at a sport get paid millions of dollars and all of a sudden their opinion is worth their weight in gold. They aren't held to the same laws as we are. How many murders, assaults, drug convictions, rapes, or traffic cops being run over do we have to be subjected to without any form of real justice. I think we should quit supporting pro sports. These people aren't role models they are a-holes. And if another sport goes on strike because 20 million isn't enough for them I think I will throw myself out the First story window I know it isn't worth getting an ulcer over but I think we should hold other people as role models, and leave these Neandrethals where they belong--IN JAIL!!!!
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A number of years ago when Sen Phil Gramm was running for President, we had Nolan Ryan scheduled to appear at a Sportsman's campaign event on behalf of Gramm. Unfortunately a last minute scheduling conflict prevented him from attending. I'm a little surprised he's backing a liberal...my understanding was that his views were on the conservative side....?
  • Options
    jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    first of all these guys arent "good" at sports, i am "good" at "sports" these guys are GREAT at sports and the market dictates what they get paid. the owners ARE going to overcharge and the players might as well get paid what they do otherwise it would all go into the owners pockets. also being a person who is capable of being a role model is unrelated to how athletic one might be. example-randy moss doesnt get paid to be a role model, he gets paid to catch footballs. the vikings are in the buisness of winning, they dont care how he acts, it does suck, but blame "society" not athletes.
  • Options
    charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mkirkland!! Do you know where the term "role model" came from? Early 1960's communist china invention, bought over here in the late 1970's by liberals. In china if you did not hold up as a good "role model" ( communist), it was out back of the village to rice paddy with your hands tied behind you and a bullet in back of head. Your nearest relative would get bill for cost of bullet.

IF A GOVERMENT'S OPPRESSIVE, THEN REPRESS IT!!
  • Options
    mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That was my point. WE are responsible for how ridiculous this has become. WE put these people on pedestals. WE allow these people to walk on our judicial system(by way of jury). WE are at fault, and just like the Second ammendment until WE refuse to be fools this will be the way it remains. I think it is sad that kids, and adults both hold athletes(criminals) as heroes. You are correct that they don't make themselves role models, WE are the idiots that do that.