In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Went to the local gun store today

Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I had a doctors appointment and after I decided to hit up the local gun shop. They said there is a few months wait for M1a's. That sucks, but they were stocked with primers so I bought 3k of small rifle and 2k of large pistol.

Comments

• Tile KingTile King Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i went to the local gun store myself today. they had cases of wolf .223's for $390.
  • hrbiehrbie Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im glad to keep hearing that local shops are having things in stock.
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    M1A's a few months? I
    ve been waiting since October 2008.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    local shop has a consignment NM M1a medium weight barrel DOM about 1987/8 1900.00 has not been used hardly[:p]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tile King
    i went to the local gun store myself today. they had cases of wolf .223's for $390.

OUCH!
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    M1A's a few months? I
    ve been waiting since October 2008.

Always say that the items a customer wants will be available in a few weeks or a month so that he keeps coming back into the store to check. The owner of the gun shop where I cut my teeth in the business over 30 years ago had a policy that we were to always tell the customer that the item he wanted would be available one week from Friday. The reasoning being that the guy would come back the next Friday after being paid and with money in his pocket he'd buy something! I have to admit that it worked quite well.