In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

On the new 10/22...

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
I notice my new 10/22 has an extended magazine release. Does this mean a newer 10/22 requires a different magazine than one made 30 years ago?
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, it just means Ruger caught up with the aftermarket.

[:)]
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,677 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ^^^
    , I guess ruger decided it was so common just add it .
    also the trigger housing is plastic ( polymer ) cost down I am sure so the early metal ones have been in big demand ,
    I replaced both the new ones I picked up in the last couple years and sold off the plastic ones just my preference I am sure the plastic ones are fine
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    My 1971 10/22 likes new and old magazines both, no worries.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just be careful if you have 77/22 magazines. They're almost the same, but are flat on the bottom where the 10/22 mags are curved. it's sometimes more difficult to get them to drop out of the magwell, but they function just fine.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Ruger got tired of buyers bitchin about the POS release from them [B)][^]
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    It works on both. Now that the release been updated to a "modern" extended type, just watch as the older style suddenly becomes collectible.