In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WWII collectors

MarksmenMarksmen Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2003 in General Discussion
What are some items you have collected from the WWII era. Ive seen Nazis tombstones, Nazi suicide capsules, letters with Hitlers sig, a Nazi helmet with a bullet hole in it, big Nazi eagles, Nazi uniforms with bullet holes in them, and a bunch of other high dollar stuff all on ebay. So far all i have are stamps and coins.

Comments

• Options
    PrebanpartsPrebanparts Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kinda hard to find any of the nazi stuff that doesnt have a bullet hole in it[:D]
  • Options
    ww2guncollectorww2guncollector Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well i have a ww2 german 2 ton truck under restoration and a 1939 bmw r75 with sidecar,and am planning on getting a kublewagon next spring
    we also have one person in our reenactment unit that has a kfz251 halftrack.Of course we have the usual collection of mg34s and mg42s
    www.panzergruppewest.com
  • Options
    VonflakVonflak Member Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ew, WWII stuff!

I've got, as far as guns go:
    2 byf k98s
    2 byf lugers
    a byf P-38
    a Browning M1922
    a M-1
    a Aristaka
    a Nambu
    a couple of Nagants
    a MKIII re-barreled in '44
    a MK V
    and a really tired carcano

Plus a whole slew of other non-gun items.
    I love the history behind military guns, every scratch is a story....

byf

Jesus: Don't leave earth without him
  • Options
    RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    Ive got a couple medals from the 8th gurhkas. I heard alot of these guys had to sell their medals and war souveniers to survive. At least these ended up with someone who respects their courage and not just a collector. I bid on one of those stars the Nazis made the Jews wear during WW2 but lost the auction. Assortment of bayonets and a rifle or 2.
  • Options
    bigben026bigben026 Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont have any nazi stuff but i have a turkish mauser bayonet.
  • Options
    jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    What about a soldiers bible carried all through the European theator. It is the shirt pocket type with the steel cover on one side. It was carried by one of my late cousins.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess you collect what interests you , BUT....I, for one, don't understand the attraction of all that Nazi crap. I see all these tables full of swastika adorned stuff at gun shows and want to burn the lot of it. Especially the SS paraphenalia.
    I grew up during WWII and when I see this stuff displayed, it just seems to me that these murdering scum are, somehow, being honored.
    Really torques my jaws.

Mudge the AMERICAN

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • Options
    joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mudge: Afraid I must agree with you as I was a WW 2 Infantry
    Dogface whose division had over 45,000 casualties. Sorry guys,
    but even after about 60 years I still feel that way. (3rd I.D.)
  • Options
    VonflakVonflak Member Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My nazi weapons to me do not honor the defeated. They are monuments of those who captured them.

byf

Jesus: Don't leave earth without him
  • Options
    kriskris Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ,,2 helmuts..3 buckles...officer hat...field hat ...walther p38..1934 mauser with bayonet and cleaning kit..paratrooper canteen...one arm band...we use to have complete officer uniform...flag and sword..till my brother stole them and sold them off for drugs...all items were war bring backs from my father...he was in the fighting mojacks...engineering outfit..iceland..belguim and germany..i see the stuff as part of his memories of ww2...not anythng else......keeping them to pass on to my kids....and so on.

it is good that we meet in the struggle of life or death.. .....it shall be life!
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    M1
    M1 Carbine
    US Steele Pot
    Box of K-rations
    US Army Soldier's manual
    M1 Bayonet
    German stamp with Hitler's portrait on it.
    Jap flag.
    Jap Officer's sword.

But my favorite one is an original toy cricket used by a 101st Air Borne soldier during the D-day invasion. The cricket was used by US troops to identify each other in the dark.

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • Options
    dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1