In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bambi, I got the 10mm S&W today

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
You'll have to tell me if it is the good variant and what it is worth. It is a 1076model in stainless steel, has a warning on one side of the slide saying it can fire without the mag in place, it has a frame mounted decocker and looks above 95%. Really I'd say 100% , but I know I'm the second owner, very low serial number with the prefix TFS. It is a good shooter too. Atleast as accurate as my Kimber TLE. Got to get a lighter spring for that first double action shot though.I got a box of hard ball and a custom Fist holster with it. So what do you think?

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Yes you have the FBI version. Is there 2 dots over the de cocking lever? There was a S&W recall on all de cocking pistals. S&W fixed the defect for Free amd plced the dots on the gun to verify it has the retro fit. I am soooooooo jealous I dont know about bambihunter but I think you did darn good. At $400.00 you did better than good. If you run across another one let me know. If you ever want to sell the one you have let me know. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Yes there are two very tiny dots above the decocker. Not that I would have a need for it. To decock, pull the trigger! It is a big gun for such a small gun if you get my drift. Only a 4.5 inch barrel , but plenty of heft to it. I gave the shop owner $400 for the gun, holster and box of ammo. Had to be a desk jockey's weapon for as clean as it is. I enjoyed shooting it this evening and the handfit holster makes it easy to carry high and tight under my pullover shirt.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have several 10MMs, probably 10 or 15 of them, have to count them sometime. Do you prefer Craftsman or Snap-On?[:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is all I got to say about it:

[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

$400 for that variant in the condition you mentioned is a very good price. I'd give you that for it! Welcome to the 10mm club, but I have to warn you it's addictive, you might not ever go back to anything less powerful again. [8D]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
    edited November -1
    Just took it to the store for some smokes and noticed it has night sites. Even came with the box and manual. It funny, I was looking in the Shotgun news and they had the 1076 for $359 from KYguns.com. They only sell to dealers so I thought I'd have to get my buddy to order it and pay for the shipping etc.. went to the shop and someone had just brought it in to consign. It helps to be half Irish.[:D]
    If I ever get tired of it I'll give you a call.

edited November -1
    You better! [;)]

edited November -1
    Have you tried kyguns for one?

edited November -1
    Yeah, but they had it rated at 85% and from what I've heard they rate thier guns very optimistically. I want one truly 95% or better. The one I missed was an FBI issue with box and release papers and was near mint for $550 (with the mag disconnect warning). There was a new one advertised here on GB for $650 and I might have given that for a NIB unfired one, but it wasn't the variant I wanted... To me, it's more of an obsession wanting that variant (moreso than for pure practicality).

Ya wanna trade a Glock 20 for it?

• SLIDER-in-KYSLIDER-in-KY Member Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My advice would be to stay away from KY Imports. They are the rudest bunch of people that I have ever talked to. Kinda high on most of their guns, too. I've also got the 1076 with the warning. Honestly, I never knew about that version until bambihunter enlightened me.

EMSParamedic.gif
    I'm clear, you're clear, everybody's clear...SHOCK!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SLIDER-in-KY
    I've also got the 1076 with the warning. Honestly, I never knew about that version until bambihunter enlightened me.

And probably greatly reduced my chances of getting it accordingly! [}:)][:D]

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Bambihunter we are not going to get what we want as long as we keep helping every one else her on GB. Then again we can not stop helping it is what we do. There is a 10mm 1076 FBI version out ther for both of us. Keep the Faith. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
    edited November -1
    Yep I agree Greg... Besides, a quality gun is great and will last a lifetime, but hopefully we'll make quality friends out of all this that will also last a lifetime. [:)]

*note to self, tell everyone the 1076's are bad - especially the warning version* [:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Oh, that was a good try! I can't shoot the Glocks. My finger doesn't fit in the guard too well and if I shoot one for more than a few rounds I get a nasty blister on my trigger finger.
    I'll put the word out to be on the look out for another one so if one is in this part of the state we'll find it.
    Too bad about kyguns. Someone would have to really abuse this gun too get it down to 85%. It's built like a tank. Seems like it could handle 10mm rounds forever without wearing out and the finish is tough as nails too. Who makes lighter mainsprings for these pistols? I don't think I could hit a barn with the first long,heavy trigger pull. After that the rest are like glass. And what other ammo is still available. Our shop has only 180gr jacketed flat nose and 180 gr JHP. The bullets are the same as a 40 cal right? So I can load up my own with some heavy 40's ?

edited November -1
    If you're on broadband I'll post links to the pics I got of that pistol (they're huge).

If you are thinking of using this gun for defense, try using doubletap ammo (not necessarily thier multiprojectile stuff, just their awesome hotload stuff). http://doubletapammo.com/main_site/index.html

I'm happy for ya BDJ that you got such a fine gun and a very fair price for that variant (I'll bet the dealer didn't know that variant commands a small premium (at least $25-50 extra) over one without the warning. Of course, I'd be happier if I would have run across such a deal!

edited November -1
    What did the FBI switch to after these the 40 cal Sigs? Yes I am on broadband. And I appreciate the ammo link.

edited November -1
    I don't recall BDJ, after they dropped the 10mm who really cares? [}:)][:D]

Here's the pics I received, one or two of them don't look too bad, but if you look at the ones around the back of the gun you can really see what I'm talking about. Also, you can tell there was most likely a laser sight mounted to it as well...

http://bambihunter.myftp.org/images/10mm/beatup1076/