In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

POLL: What gun excited you the most upon receiving

ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
POLL: What gun were you most excited about purchasing or receiving?

For me it was probably my Ruger M77 MkII, because it was the first gun that I bought, and my first real deer rifle. I knew I got a great first rifle, and my dad explained that it was a good investment, as it would hold its value forever, and would be with me forever, until I pass it down.

How bout everybody else? [:)]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
banner-small.jpg
www.awbansunset.com

Comments

• matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    This past June 5th, our 10th anniversary, the wife surprised the total heck outta me with a brand new Kimber TLE II .45.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Winchester 1894 30-30

Larry
  • snowtiggersnowtigger Member Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester Model 37 .410 guage. Nov 8, 1958. Tenth birthday, first gun, 'nuf said.

It ain't what you shoot, it's what you hit.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one my wife bought me.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • sitkablacktailsitkablacktail Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Ruger M77 All Weather, I fliped my canoe over and lost my A303 and had to buy a new gun while out moose hunting, sighted it in a Popeye chicken box using a backpack frame as a rest and shot a moose with it the very next day.My first moose on my birthday.
  • BerettafanBerettafan Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am an equal opportunity appreciator... I like all of mine, and all those soon to come. hahahaha (evil scientist laugh). Am I sick or what?[;)]

All it takes for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing.

For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration; the streets are safer, the police are more effective, and the rest of the world will follow us into history--Hitler 1937
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    The Winchester 77 tube-fed semi-auto 22 that I found yesterday, sitting in the corner of a dusty rural shop owned by a cantankerous old geezer who couldn't care less if he ever sold another firearm. I know it's not the greatest collectible in Winchester world, but, given its 95% plus condition once I got rid of 10 years worth of shelf dust, I'm happy to add it to the collection. For me, it's always the latest find that gives the most satisfaction.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    The next one that comes along of course!!![:D]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All guns excite me.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought an Ithaca lever action single shot 22 for my boy when he was about 9. I got a bigger kick out of giving it to him then anything I've ever bought for myself.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Probably my Colt 01091.
    It's a 1991 model, stainless, Gov't size.
    I sent it back for crooked roll-stamping and a slide stop which gouged the frame.
    They made it right, and did a SWET trigger job. Then I called McCormick and bought direct - slim smooth grips. It is SWEET SWEET SWEET !!!

Of course, after starting on a .22, then a rough .380 ACP, the fit of my PPK/S made me love forever well-machined stainless steel
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    The old AR10 Sudanese that I stumbled on last year.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The .243 Browning the wifey gave me for our 1st anniversary.
    Gotta love that girl!!
    [^][^]barto[^][^]

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.-JFK
  • dipitsdipits Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 1st. one !! Christmas 1947. I gave to daughter Christmas 1970. She will give to Grandaughter on Christmas 2006.
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    My Marlin .444. When my Grandfather passed away this summer, the family had a 'round table discussion' about what was to go where. Grandad had told mom that ....'Mike should have my 444....he was the only one who ever liked the darn thing.' I'm a pretty tough skinned redneck, but when they brought it over to me, I actually had tears in my eyes. They Asked me if there was any others that I wanted, but I said 'nah, this is plenty' It will be passed to my boy, who was named for his grandfather, (Blane), who at age 9, is driving me nuts to go huntin, and has since he was 5.

The runner up is the old Marlin .22 bolt (the one with the woodchuck on the grip) that Pabooger bought me for Christmas in like 78. I 'shot it out' doing about 250 rounds a week through it. Got to the point where I had to use my pinky to dig out the shell as it would no longer eject.

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!
  • jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In December I bought a Browning T-bolt rifle via Gun Broker. When it was delivered, it was the first time I had ever touched one. It was in really good shape.

J. Patrick Tatum
  • sutterrogsutterrog Member Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun that felt best in my hands the first time was probably my M1A bush. It just feels right to me. [:D]
  • crims40crims40 Member Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    8 years old + little .410 single shot + day before dove season + unlimited space to hunt......never matched the excitement since then...[:D][;)]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Probably my Kassner import F.E.G. SA85M...

FEG%20SA85M%20Bayo%20Closed%20Left%20Small.JPG

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My mint Ruger .44 carbine fingergroove sporter:

Ruger_small.JPG

It definately wasn't the most expensive one I bought, but for as old as it is, it is in awesome condition.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.