In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bambi Hunter/Everyone

NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
What kind of 10MM do you have?Im leaning toward a Glock if I ever get one?Mainly because I can easily find Hi-cap Mags.I do like the S&W too but Hi-cap Mags arent that easy to come by.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rugster, I currently have 2 Glock 20's (an early variant without fingergrooves and the accy rail and a new one with both) and a Kimber 1911 style... I am going to be getting a Glock 29 very soon (I might even be selling my old G20 to get it). I pondered keeping the longer barrel of the G20 and having just the grip shortened to G29 specs for the added velocity. I still haven't decided on that idea yet.

Allegedly the S&W's had a 12 or 13 round mag specifically made for the FBI, but I've never seen one so I can't attest to that. In the very near future (next few months) I'll also buy a E.A.A. Witness as they are decent guns for the money. I've been looking for a year or so for a FBI variant S&W 1076 but when I find the variant, it's beat up. It might take me a while to find one that'll pass the "bambihunter" test...

If you have CCW where you're at you might consider a Glock 29 because it too will accept the high-cap mags from the G20 (they will stick out of the magwell though). This would allow you to use a single gun for CCW use (with the standard magazine) then drop in the high-cap and have a more formidable home protection gun.

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see you are well stocked in the 10 MM dept.I dont mind the size of the Glock 20,I sometimes carry a 21 in a paddleback holster if Im in a hurry.I can let my shirt tail hand out and conceal the gun.I like the 1076 but not as well as the Glock.I own several generation III Glocks and they grow on ya!I would mainly carry it to the cabin as a critter getter,with near .41 Mag power it would satisfy my needs.Ive always hesitated because I was afraid it would become obsolete.But I dont think thats going to happen any time soon as Ive seen a growth spert in ammo sales for the 10MM.Thanks Good Luck with the 1076,I'll keep an open eye for ya!

Best!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure some will disagree, but I've seen a slight resurgence with the 10mm over the past few years. It's nothing like the fame it gathered in the early 90's with the adoption by the FBI (I doubt it'll ever reach that status again) but with more arms manufacturers chambering for a 10mm now then just a few years ago, along with more ammo companies selling ammo for it I just think it adds up.
    If you get a 10mm, check out: http://doubletapammo.com/main_site/index.html

They sell hot (but within pressure specs) 10mm ammo in various forms (even a few types with more than one projectile - thus the company name). I had good luck with thier stuff thus far and it really gives you a nice pop when ya shoot it.

How's these specs: (I haven't tested this load yet, but it has awesome specs, I'm just not sure about a bullet that light for defense).

Bullet : 135gr. Nosler Jacketed Hollow Point.
    Ballistics : 1600fps/ 767 ft./lbs. - fired from a Glock 20
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.