In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Glock magazine question

deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Hello folks,I am the Happy owner of a Glock 22 Pistol and since new have used Non FML Non drop Free Hi-caps and they served me well
for several thousand rounds.I am now in the market for the New Drop free FML Glock 22 mags. I have been looking over the listings
for Pre-ban Glock mags here on GB and noticed Three types avaiable,
First Generation (i guess the ones i have) Second Generation and last a Third Generation. Can someone Tell me the Difference between them all? and what am i to pay for them? Which is the "Best" one? Thanks.

use_deer.jpg

Comments

• deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are GLOCK 22 GEN 3 and GLOCK 22 GEN 4 magazines interchangeable and do both work in a GLOCK 27 GEN 4?

What makes GLOCK magazines so valuable? I've inspected all of mine and didn't find any gold in any of them.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think these are "official" designations. If I had to divide Glock mags into 3 groups, I'd say 1) non-drop-free hi-caps, 2) drop-free hi-caps, and 3) low-cap post-ban 10 rounders. I've heard Glock guns being grouped by generation, but never the mags. Post-bans bring only $20 or less. Drop-free high-caps with the metal lining sell best at $60-100. Non-drop-free go for a little less since some folks (not me) think they are less desirable. I too used them fine for quite a while before some shooters successfully lobbied for a change to the drop-free style.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here's my thousand:

3GENMAGS.JPG
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    bambihunter you have some od the best pictures. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
    edited November -1
    Thanks... I get them from all over (that one's from Glockmeister) and save them for this exact use. Soooo many times a simple picture will save several minutes of typing (and be more clear usually anyway).
    edited November -1
    Thanks Bambihunter, the second and third Gen. look the same?
    anyone know the differnce between those two?

use_deer.jpg
    edited November -1
    They are NOT the same... Note the cut-out in the rear, the 2nd generation is nearly square with vertical sides whereas the 3rd generation looks more like a trapazoid. Also, not the curve of the follower, one's more concave (2nd gen) while the 3rd generation model is more convex.
    edited November -1
    What the heck, heres a pic of my gun[:D]
    glock_1_sm.jpg

use_deer.jpg
    edited November -1
    Here's mine: (Glock 20, 10mm)

Glock.jpg

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...