In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Computer question....

Old.22BoltsOld.22Bolts Member Posts: 6,032
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
How can I tell if I have SATA plugs on my motherboard?

I've seen the Wiki entry and the picture they show but I can't see anything like that in my machine.

I have only looked at it while it's still in my desk but I don't see a SATA port.

I ask because I am considering the purchase of a Blu-Ray player for my PC.

The disc drive in my machine now plugs into the "system board" with the parallel type plug.

I notice that there are a few red and blue ports available but they look like female plugs while the picture I saw looks like the ones on the mother board are supposed to be male.

Does anybody know what I should be looking for?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well at first I thought what I had was an Office 2007 problem. I can't get any saved documents to open, Word won't load at all, Excel will open a new workbook, but nothing that has been saved, same with Powerpoint.

When I called Microsoft for a fix the technician attempted to do a remote link to look at my system, but the program for remote viewing wouldn't comletely load either.

I was walked through a complete un-install of Office through the regedit function, reloaded Office and still no go.

Other .exe are being blocked from loading as well. I attempted a download of Norton updates and get to the last second of running the .exe file and the system goes into a continous "download" loop.

Has anyone had this happen to them and if so what was the fix short of throwing the CPU out the window?

I am running XP in case that makes a diff.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How do I access the "ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS"page in the "VISTA" operating system?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is there a way to "zoom in" on a picture
    on a web page?
  • Options
    dustinfoxdustinfox Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by southgeorgiaivory

Is there a way to "zoom in" on a picture
    on a web page?

Not unless the picture on the web page links to a larger photo. You can zoom the entire web page though. Or you can "right click" the picture and save it to your PC then blow it up with your own software.
  • Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Using Firefox hold the control key and press the plus sign (next to backspace, not on the number pad). Control and 0 sets it back to default, control and minus zooms out.
  • Options
    JackiePapersJackiePapers Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You learn something new every day !!!![:D] Cool trick!!

Thanks LLama
  • Options
    dustinfoxdustinfox Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JackiePapers
    You learn something new every day !!!![:D] Cool trick!!

Thanks LLama

You're welcome [B)]
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hold the "ctrl" button down and adjust power with the wheel on my mouse [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    did you find that crack in the colt
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Control +/-, control scroll wheel all work.

Control 0 (zero) to return to 100% (normal view) screen. [;)]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For internet explorer, it is ctrl and + or - at the same time. So, to zoom it would be CTRL and +.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.