In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why are gun makers doing this?!

SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
FN wont sell there FN-57 pistol or bullets to the public, and the inventor of the gun that can shoot around corners would sell it to the public because "I dont want it to fall into the wrong hands." Ya im sure every gang banger is dieing to gets their hands on one. And Glock is now making current pistols more PC, Colt is making their AR15s VERY VERY PC when they dont have to, they choose to. With this kind of attitude we are going to be stuck with Post-ban ARs and AKs forever!

The maker of Barret is one of the only guys I love. He threatened not to repair or sell Barrets to the LAPD if they kept using his rifle as a propaganda tool and if they kept passing unconstitutional gun laws.

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Thay are doing this because slaves are not competent to have such devices in their possession.

Only your master is entitled to have such items.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't blame it on the gun makers, put the blame where it belongs. Greedy lawyers and no good politicians.

I pass the motion that any politician that would pass or push legislation that goes against the constitution and any lawyer that would sue someone for exercising their rights should be shot as a traitor in public by a civilian firing squad using guns of their choice. Imagine how things would look on C-Span if they new they could get shot for passing another AWB[:D]

line.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    7MM;

One,in a free country,should be free to express their opinion.

Now..if you run for office..you should be required to pass a Constitutional knowlege test.Upon taking office..flagrant violations of the Constitution should be cause for immediate dismissial and thereupon that idiot shoud be put to work hauling garbage..all they are fit for.

Wait...Violations of the Constitution are ALREADY cause for dismissial...hmmmmmm

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they are making the changes voluntary to avoid tighter law-mandated changes later. Kinda like Winchester pulling the Black Talon's from production, rename them to Fail Safe (actually they were called that too), and still selling them - albiet in rifle calibers.
    A lot of the P.C. crap has driven me away from certian firearms. Remington put that stupid locking safety on their guns and I haven't bought one since, and will likely remove it if/when I ever buy another one.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SilentKnight
    FN wont sell there FN-57 pistol or bullets to the public, and the inventor of the gun that can shoot around corners would sell it to the public because "I dont want it to fall into the wrong hands."

I read the thread yesterday, there actually is a FN-57 being sold on Gunbroker--it's got 10-round mags. and is supposed to be a legal civilian import.

Generally though, you have to understand the perspective of the small specialty arms maker. His largest customer is often likely to be law enforcement/military. Why should he risk the possiblities of bad publicity (which could quite literally put him out of business) if someone misuses his product? The amount of revenue a specialty arm/accessory will generate from general public sales is usually out-weighed by the potential costs of a public "incident" with the arm/accessory.

I wouldn't say that the arm maker is the one to blame; the media and irrational people who don't hold others responsible for their actions are the ones that deserve the real blame.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The post about the FN-57 was mine. But FN wont sell there pistol to the public, it must be had by other means. But i guess it is legal to have. How that seller obtained the FN-57 I have no idea.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FN-57s ARE legal to have. The deal is that FN won't sell them to the public, for whatever reason. But they are legal to have. If you "know the right people" you can get one, easily. Ammo too. I passed on the one I was offered. Too much money, and just something else I don't need right now.

Merc

Insignia?

Nos nullus habitum rancidum insignia!

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the gun should sell well in 3rd world countries where targets are too afraid to stand behind their gun and aim. thus, they dont need to sell them to americans. can someone post a pic of this stupid gun? thanks.

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Heres the FN-57

fn-five7.jpg

Heres the "gun" that can shoot around corners. You mount a Glock or Beretta, and the attachment allows you to shoot around corners. Its made in Israel.

17wc2p.jpg

1215Israel-Corner-Rifle-ON.jpg

intx251.gif
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, I thought you were talking about the OICW gun that had the range estimation and the 20mm HE rounds would blow up at a predetermined distance...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.