In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun belt size/holster brand suggestion

bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I see most custom gun belts are offered in 1 1/4" and 1 1/2". I measured most my pants and it looks like the 1 1/2" will fit, but depending on the thickness it might be tight.
What do you guys think, should I go with the thinner one for more "compatibility" or do you guys just take that into consideration when buying pants?

Second, I've decided on a strong-side holster with a FBI forward-cant design. I can't decide on a paddle or IWB design. (suggestions?)

Third, I REALLY like Kramer holsters and belts, they look to be the best designed and built out of all I've found. What do you think of them and any other high-quality suggestions? Price is an issue, but I'd rather spend the extra and get true quality. I realize that if I get quality stuff that I'll be able to carry my G29 more often and can leave the wimpy .380 at home more often.

I am very close to making up my mind on all this and I PROMISE I'll quit askin' these types of questions. [:I]
Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.

Comments

• Options
    WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buy quality leather and it will last and last and also it will not be uncomfrtabel the winder the belt the better I think as long as you can wear it with your pants

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    You can't find a better holster than that set in the find the gun post! All natural leather and hand rubbed to boot!!![;)][:I][^]

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    BH
    A decent gun belt is the best investment you can make IMHO. Kramer does not make anything bad that I know of but for the money, G&G, Don Hume or Old World Leather (Uncle Mikes), Makes a good product. Try http://ss02.lynk-systems.com/southernpoliceequip/html/all_holsters.html for some decent options.

Personally, I like a paddle or minimalist belt slide. I go lots of places where it is illegal for CCW and the paddle style allows for easier 'taking off and securing' and the belt slide when empty is not noticeable as a holster. Unfortunatelly I already have to much me IWB for that style without buying a new wardrobe and belts to accomodate the holster and gun.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What Fist holsters? Are they any good?
    They aren't cheap either but look to be very good quality.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.