In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bambihunter

punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I graciously acquired a sweet Smith and Wesson 1086 10mm with a can full of ammo this weekend! Can't wait to shoot it, never owned one! I heard thru the grapevine that you are a 10mm fan!

pablue1.gif

Comments

• punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    got the book yesterday..have not had time to read it but looked through it a little looks like it will be some good reading
    thank you very much
    Doc
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    I recieved your address. Your cook-book will go out in the mail on Monday.

member; DUCKS UNLIMITED,AGA, ............R.S.A. KULP..................OHIO
    edited November -1
    What do you think? Any recommendations?
    John

capecod_tiny_size.jpg

Member NRA,GOA,DVA,LEAA & American Legion

For All The Fallen Heroes And All The Forgotten Victims
    (Christopher Hyde)
    edited November -1
    What's up with your email? Keeps bouncing back.

If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
    edited November -1
    Did you get the old girl ? Shoulda had it by now.

let me know

JuJu(who hopes you treat her nice)
    edited November -1
    Would appreciate your thinking on the following:

If a decision was made to build a custom bolt action rifle in 10 mm, and based on the available bullet weights, what rate of twist would you recommend for 20 inch barrel??

Or do you think a longer barrel would allow better bullet performance.

Appreciate your comments.

11thcanopy
    edited November -1
    Got my DW 10mm magazines in today. Looking forward to testing them out later. Thanks for the tip!
    edited November -1
    You go to the show in Tulsa this last weekend?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
    edited November -1
    Everything ok your way? I saw you guys had a few tornadoes the past few days. Anything come close to your house?

OK, saw the other post just now.

"SOCIETY PREPARES THE CRIME, THE CRIMINAL COMMITS IT"
    edited November -1
    I was out doing prison stuff while you guys were playin' with the troll, anyway, everything is still good for Wednesday. I will be away from the computer until Friday night (unless I go to my folks) so call if anything comes up. The only thing I can think of needing is maybe some mosquito spray, I dont know if I will have a chance to get any, I think I am out. See you Wednesday.

edited November -1
    quote:bambihunter
    Advanced Member

USA
    7798 Posts
    Posted - 09/23/2004 : 9:23:51 PM

Most any of the mid-bore rifles can double as a varmit rifle. I have used the 6mm Rem. and the 25-06 to take countless 'yotes and prairie dogs. I have even used a .300 win mag to take prairie dogs on one occasion but it left a smaller wound than a .222 did.

Unless you've already got a .243 win that you want to use, I'd check out the new .243 WSSM, .25 WSSM, 6mm Rem, 25-06, or .257 roberts too.
    It wasn't legal in Kansas to also use for deer, but my favorite pure varmit rifle is definately the .220 Swift!

Here's some destruction and some of the firearms we used on the only prairie dog hunt that we remembered a camera. Most of the game animal pics are rather gross so use discretion if that stuff bothers you (or if you have kids around). The labeled pics of the guns used are clean though...
    http://bambihunter.myftp.org/images/PrairieDogHunt/

I bet PETA has your site book marked[}:)][;)]. What was your average shoots on those p-dogs? That 243 done-um up nice.

I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.
    edited November -1
    Got your FFL yesterday.
    I will ship that poor old .22 that needs some TLC in a day or 2.

Thanks for offering to get her back in fighting trim.

JuJu(who may have another old girl in need of some cosmetic care soon)
    edited November -1
    Long time, no see. How is your back? Don
    edited November -1
    I saw in my other thread that you had sent me e-mail.

Man, I never saw it[:(] We may be having the same problem that Pickenup, Icon and others have had with my e-mail.

Sometimes I get it and sometimes I dont.

Shoot me another one and let me know when you do, I will check on it then.

I will e-mail you my phone number so you can call and we can discuss dates and stuff.

Sorry about that.

JuJu(who both loves and hates his e-mail)
    edited November -1
    You have mail.

JuJu(who has been remiss lately)
    edited November -1
    hey ive got my guide book almost finished!!!!sorry it has taken so long but i had to re-write it a couple of times due to my computer going down now i save it to disc.ive got some pics also for the how to instructions.

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    You have mail...
    edited November -1
    The rifled slug barrel for the SBE is $365 for the Matte finish and $397 for the Timber HD Camo. The forend is $64 for the synthetic and $121 for the wood. Apperently they don't come in the camo coloring. Couldn't find anybody that had the particular CVA item that you were looking for.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

aglore@gci.net
    edited November -1
    You have mail in regards to the 30 round clips.

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
    edited November -1
    Hello there sir, I got the package yesterday. You da man! Thanks again. [:D]

fb0d9d60.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help with the pics. I hope I can be of some assistance to you in the future.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
    edited November -1
    I hope you didnt have any plans to get that Delta Elite at the shop in Mustang. I picked it up Friday morning. It was a last second decision or I would have got in touch with you when I came up. Came into some extra money I didnt know I had coming. Anyway, it is so sweet, cant wait to shoot it. Have you given anymore thought to the safe or that 6mm Ackley?

edited November -1
    Im having good luck with my video transfers, and copying my videos to disk! The studio 8 software is great! The Moviebox Dv conversion box works fine!

Ive been uploading and converting my old home movies to mpeg and burning them to cd format, it's much quicker than burning them to dvd, but as you know it uses more disks! The cd's play fine in my inexpensive Apex Cd Player, and the quality is good! Im learning, but still got a way's to go!

Thanks for your help on earlier posts!

pa.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say thanks for your generosity !!!!! My boys and I now have 2 more reasons to lock ourselves in my office [:D][:D]

Thank you

If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.
    edited November -1
    Did you catch my comments on your ? about Glocks tennifer and mag springs?

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, I just read them not too long ago. Thanks.

Ironically, I CAN load 16 in every one of my 10mm mags, but some really don't want to go in so I took 'em back out. I think 4 of these haven't ever been used so their springs shouldn't be broken down any (like one of mine definately is - it's twice as easy to load as the others).
    I haven't made up my mind whether I want to try for that deal on that Glock 29 and hope I can get the marks out or not. I realize it'll take some abuse in the CCW role, but I am a stickler for condition.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
    edited November -1
    Are the marks deep scratches or just rub marks?

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't tell for sure about one of them (more of a scratch), the others are just rub marks. Ironically, they're all on one side - the non-ejection port side which would be the side against the body if worn - unless he was a lefty (I didn't think about that). If it was something like polished stainless I could have them out of it within a few minutes, I just don't know if a person used a fine sandpaper, steel wool, or something if that'd change the appearance of the finish.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.