In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

impressive ads

leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Are any of you guilty of using tricks to get attention to your ads? I was just looking at some ads on the auctions and it seems like alot of people like to use, WOW, or LOOK!, or RARE! It seems like we must have alot of used car salesmen on the auction. I guess you got to try something to make your ad stand out from the crowd, maybe I'm just over reacting. I've been looking for a 2nd car and am overdosed on used car salesmen.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, I never use wow or look, but if IMHO if an item is rare I do include that word... I try to "jazz" my listings up simply by better and thorough descriptions that are spaced and seperated. It amazes me the number of listings that have all thier text ran together. I have to REALLY want something to read it when it's like that.

People, a simple <br> or <p> is all it takes!!!
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • 257izmycal257izmycal Member Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bambihunter,

Thanks for telling me how to put breaks in my adds. I had tried several different things, but this is great.

You're a statistic whether you want to be or not.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    257, you can search for HTML commands and formatting tips on the web. With simple commands you can change the font color/size, add links, etc.

Glad I could help - even if I was just venting! [:D]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.