In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gonna be in the doghouse after tomorrow

SLIDER-in-KYSLIDER-in-KY Member Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
My wife and I bought a new house about a year ago. When we moved in, she asked that I not put my deer mount on the wall. Being the nice husband I am, I put it away in the garage without a fight. Never said much about it after that. Well, I got another nice buck this past season. The taxidermist called today to let me know that the mount was ready. THE WIFE DOES NOT EVEN KNOW THAT I WAS GETTING THIS ONE MOUNTED!!! When she comes home from work tomorrow afternoon, BOTH deer will be on the wall in the living room. If you happen to hear about an earthquake in Kentucky tomorrow night about 1730 hrs, chances are, that it will be at my house!!!!! Am I asking for trouble or what??? We've been married 10 years, so I think she'll get over it....maybe!!!

EMSParamedic.gif
I'm clear, you're clear, everybody's clear...SHOCK!!!

Comments

• benzappedbenzapped Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At-a-boy, SLIDER. Show her who is boss.[B)]
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Yea Right, You will here about that 40 years from now
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    If that was Mrs njretcop, my head would be hanging right next to the deer, hahahahahaha

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wondering how long it will take you to get both deer heads off the walls after she finished with you?

Chihuahua_mexican.gif
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your butt's gonna look good hanging between em.
    [xx(][xx(]barto

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.-JFK
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You had the new one mounted with mentioning it to the missus . . . and now you are going to challenge the Martha Stewart of your life in her own den, as it were, without so much as head's-up? Boy, you are either the craziest sun of a gun I've ever met, or the most courageous. Is this a new trend? Suicide by wife? I'll be sitting in front of a SW window at 1730; they say the fireworks will be spectacular and visible from 800 miles away! Good luck, dude!

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Slider, put it in a lesser room and work your way to the den or living room over time.

If you choose to do it your way, at least will me your 1076 so I can have it after she kills ya. [:D]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1
    Try the bathroom first. She will be glad to move them to the den.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell her to look at the bright side ... at least she doesn't have to take them out to pee ... [}:)]

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Slider,
    It's gonna' get awfully crowded in that "Dog House" with those two mounts jabbin' you in the *.

Tideman [Hoggin' in TEXAS]
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    It's your house, too.

Nick the bachelor
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have three bucks mounted and only allowed one at a time on the wall in the livingroom. The rest are in the bedroom!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Hide the guns before she gets there - and maybe have some little things from Victoria Secrets hanging from the horns[:D][:D]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Tell her it's a great investment, they will be worth more in a few years, and the humidity isn't right in the garage. There is a major market for them in areas where the deer do not roam.

After a major family decision a few weeks ago, the result of which was that I would buy no more handguns, I announced yesterday I had agreed to buy a gun off a guy about 3.5 hours west of here...great investment...times are tough, but I've kept us from insolvency.....it will be worth more in a dozen years.....they are not made anymore by that German firm....etc...and...it's O.K.![:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    hang the new one in there, she'll probably think it's the old one and you might just get away w/ the expenditure.
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Slider,

Should I alert the 101st Airborne Divisions' Quick Reaction Force... you know, just in case? [:D][:D]

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Slider
    It is now 1550 hrs, what did you decide for your last meal? If we don't hear from you by 1800 hrs should we notify your co-workers and constabulary? Quick man, these are things we need to know.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's wrong with women anyway? How can they think dead animal heads on the wall aren't classy? Crazy ladies!!!

Mine are in the shed.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was nice knowing you. [xx(]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Alright Slider - I'm blaming you!!!! Seeing as you decided to face the rath of She-who-knows-all - I went out to the local shop today and picked up another guitar - then he made me a hell of a deal on a Remington KS in .280. The best part is - I got all of it on RENT TO OWN[:D][:D][:D] If she finds out - I'm[xx(][xx(][xx(]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • SLIDER-in-KYSLIDER-in-KY Member Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, here's the update.....She came home and saw both deer. Actually took it alot better than I predicted. She just kinda shook her head and said "It didn't matter what she thought, I'd do it anyway". Now I am feeling guilty. But not guilty enough to take them down!!

EMSParamedic.gif
    edited November -1
    Night Stalker...I think it's safe to have the 101st stand down now. She's "learning to live with it" today. Bambihunter...Nice try on including you on my will. At least I know if I EVER decide to sell it, I can call you.

EMSParamedic.gif
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't think that last year's 6 point was mount worthy..The she- devil insisted on a facing left mount, "looking" at the 8 point over the fireplace...right next to the coyote, mink etc.....Lord I love that woman..[^][:D][^]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She will get over it. Just tell her to forget it then and you are giving them to the bar up the street and you will look at them every night...
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I was just thinking that she'd pull the ol' "Noone listens to me"-trick... be carefull.. it can take it's toll if you don't know how to handle that trick. [:D]

Courageous for sure... for sure. =o)

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Slider, VERY SERIOUSLY, be very wary of that response. It was my ex's favorite comment - and an unfair one - whenever we needed to discuss something and I didn't immediately accede to her position. Then she would embark on activities saying "I know you don't agree, but I did it anyway" . . . or words to that effect. All kidding aside, some branches of the olive tree and a heart-to-heart are likely needed here. My $0.02 . . . .

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Could be worse I knew one guy who had the head mounted on one side of the wall, walk around to the other side and he had the a ss mounted!!!

By the way my 32 inch, 16# Brown trout is still hanging in the garage!!! Ma hates it!!! Thank God she likes my trouser trout!!![:I][^]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
    edited November -1
    OK..it's now been three days since BOTH deer were put on the wall. Tonight, she actually went up to one and just stood there and looked at it. She even produced a grin! Only thing that bothers me is that I'm not real sure what that grin was for. You think I should figure out a way to change the combination on my gun safe?

EMSParamedic.gif
  • bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You mean you haven't already changed the combination? Oh man, you're slow ....hope you still have something left in the safe!

Big Al

<just kidding, slider, just kidding....> [:D][;)]