In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Argentine Malbec, why didn't someone tell me

susiesusie Member Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
So I was in the Class VI store yesterday and they have Argentine wine on special, $6.99 for a bottle of Alamos. Never heard of it, but think hey why not give a new wine a try? Malbec, never heard of it, but read the label and sounds good. I like a nice rich full bodied red.

Well, hot dang I have a new favorite. Malbec you are a nice little red grape I will be looking for more often. [:D]

Finishing the bottle tonight with summer sausage, sharp cheddar cheese and Ghiradelli dark chocolate chaser. [^]

My Cardinalss got beat, but got a fight getting ready to start on HBO, so I'm kicking back to watch a few rounds that is if we don't float away first.

Rained on the first and has rained every day since. Daddy was correct. Just waiting for the last of 15 day soaker we are scheduled to get this month.

Comments

• JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Polite Psycho:

In my hand is a glass of one of the two good things to ever come from Argentina...

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=373691

[:p]
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PPsycho, well I guess you tried, but I didn't pay attention.

'tis a good grape. The Alamos is the first vineyard I have tried and it is very good wine. The bottle I purchased is a 2007. Any others out there that are a good cellar, reasonalbly priced?
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wine guy at the local liqour store pointed a Malbec out to me too. Forget the name. Had a white label with black writing. Pretty good stuff. I have a wine rack I was trying to fill up. Hard to do when you drink it.