In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A gun thread!

badwrenchbadwrench Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2005 in General Discussion
Interesting question:

If you had to pick one gun to "do it all", including hunting, defense, target, etc which would it be.

Some qualifiers:

Doesn't have to be one you currently own

Can be carried on your person (not neccessarily concealed) or be somewhat easily broken down for easy transport.

Chrome don't get you home. RatRodz.gif

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Bushmaster M-4, what else?[}:)]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    12 ga. shotgun with additional 24" slug tube.

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice.
    Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
    Barry Goldwater
  • Options
    mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    12 gauge Remington 1100 with Rem-chokes and a slug barrel.
    With the slug barrel, you can get deer.
    With the appropriate rem-chokes and proper loads you can:
    1. Hunt birds.
    2. Shoot skeet/trap.
    3. Shoot IPSC 3-gun events.
    4. Have a *devastatingly* effective home defense gun.

I'd almost say a Remington 870, but it's a PITA to hit doubles in skeet with a pump, it'd be too slow for IPSC, and doesn't allow for as quick a follow up shot for hunting or home defense.
  • Options
    FrogbertFrogbert Member Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mini Thirty. With a 150 grain soft point it has muzzle vel. of 2300 - 2400 fps and hits with 1762 ft lbs, energy at muzzle which translates to 1403 at 100 yds, 1105 at 200 yds, 863 at 300 yds, 672 at 400 yds, and 528 at 500 yds. It only drops 13.9 inches at 300 yds if zeroed at 200 yds. The rise at 100 yds if zeroed at 200 yds is only 3.4 inches. Very manageable if hunting mid-size game.
    For target, FMJ is available for $.09 per round. And if you are a purist and want to practice with what you shoot while hunting, the Wolf 154grain soft point will give similar ballistics to the Federal 150grain soft point which is the cartridge for which I quoted the ballistics in the above example, and only costs $.11 per round. The Wolf cartridge can be turned on a lathe and the bullet smoothed with a file to produce really tight groups at 100 yds.

The rifle is light, quick, reliable and tough.
    TenFrogPointsWoneReg154grWolfSPFXD062905.jpg
    MiniThirtyWith90RdsFXD062905.jpg

Frog.

RiBBButt...You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd, but you can be happy if you've a mind to. -Roger Miller
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    AR15 M4

ALL AMERICAN INFIDEL
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Shotgun with an 24 in barrel hunt anything you want. Puts some big holes in things.

If it Flies it Dies
    All my guns are AMERICAN MADE
    19 year old with a bad attitude
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    My M1A.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    GaBobGaBob Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A good .22 LR revolver or auto.

Keep Your Powder Dry
    NRA Life Member
    The only criminal class that is native to the United States is congress.
    MARK TWAIN
  • Options
    Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    12ga pump _____________(insert fav model here) with rifled barrel and guost sights

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier!!!!!!!!!A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    --- Sigmond Freud
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my custom stainless Ruger Redhawk 44 Magnum with a 4" barrel. It'll kill all the game I want it to out to 100yds with no problem plus is easy to conceal and carry if needed in that role, although a bit heavy. the 44 has always been one of the most versitle(sp?) rounds you could have if you reload for it and has always been one of the most accurate out of a handgun.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My FAL.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg