In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Vote to keep this Az shooting range open.

Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
A SHOOTING RANGE UNDER RISK OF CLOSURE:
The Ben Avery Shooting Facility has been under attack for several years.There are factions in the Phoenix area that are interested in shutting down the range. The largest pressure is from developers who want to build in the area. One way to help keep the range is to vote it a "Phoenix POINT OF PRIDE." So, please go to the URL below and vote!
The Ben Avery Shooting Facility has been nominated as a Phoenix Point of Pride. For the award, however, your vote is needed. From February 2 to March 12, 2004 the City is taking votes to determine who will be awarded this honor.

Anyone can vote, including non residents of the City or of Arizona, but you can only vote once. Now is our opportunity to let the City of Phoenix know that the Ben Avery Shooting Facility is a great facility, for our sport.

Vote at: www.pride.azcentral.com
Please send this email to all your shooter friends.

I am not a number I am a free man

sig

Volin.gif

Comments

• MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BTT......Keep it open!

Merc

Insignia?

Nos nullus habitum rancidum insignia!

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Done & BTT

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • cat-mechaniccat-mechanic Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go nuts if it went away. I voted for it.

Nothing runs like a Deere, With a CAT on its *
  • rdcinmnrdcinmn Member Posts: 655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Done!

Ellsworth.gif

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1848
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Done.

f9ef9b6e.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • kitfookitfoo Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Done and Done! [;)]
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    As an Arizona transplant now living in SC, I voted anyway to keep Ben Avery open [:D] Actually, I voted for my entire family living in AZ they just don't know it yet [:D]

aliens.jpg
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    The problem with this damn city is that the real estate developers keep pushing for more housing and more land despite exceeding the capacities of the infrastructure. There are three things that have always been on the far outskirts of the Phx area: Ben Avery Shooting Range, Rio Salado Sportman's Club, and Luke AFB. Between the greedy worthless developers and the dumba$$ Phx residents that'll plunk down cash for a cheap house, there are now housing tracts encroaching on all these places. Now places that have been in the middle of the desert for decades are being threatened with closure because they now have pissy, uneducated, functionally retarded homeowners who wanted a cheap house but now trot about on the 5 o'clock news crying about how the wool was pulled over their eyes and that the gov't should close the ranges and close the AFB because they don't like the noise and that no one told them about the noise when they bought the house[xx(] BOOHOO! I swear I want to snap my foot off in some of the morons out here[:(!] Close the border, not Ben Avery, ban realtors, not shooting ranges[^]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • Annie-OAnnie-O Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Voted for your range good luck and lets us know how it turned out
  • Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was a member of the Tucson Rod and Gun club and the developers and the whiners put an end to an old and really good club and range. It never stops. They closed Williams AFB in PHX and they won't be happy until Luke is gone also. Then they'll cry about the loss of income on the west side. Damn GI's they just ruin a community.

Smoky been there

People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.
  • sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1
  • steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Done, Kingjoey there is an article in todays paper about Queen Creek AZ that is hilarious. In a recent poll when Queen Creek residents were asked what they liked best about living in Queen Creek 93%responded the small town rural atmosphere. When asked what they would improve 21% responded, better road access and more commercial developement including grocery, retail and video stores, pharmacies, resturants, gas stations and banks. By my informal calculations about 1 in 5 seem to be confused.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Done. BTT.

Regards,
    190191.gif