In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Turned down a Colt Python Hunter

drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
$1650 OTD at the LGS - no case or scope.

Here's an example:
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=367426717

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Buy now at $3K for a gun that shows signs of considerable use and a scope that goes for $2C. I recall getting one in much better condition that that for $400 back during the Semi-Auto rush. Maybe I should have kept it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    Buy now at $3K for a gun that shows signs of considerable use and a scope that goes for $2C. I recall getting one in much better condition that that for $400 back during the Semi-Auto rush. Maybe I should have kept it.

The one at the shop was much better looking - barely a turn line but just not a gun I'm interested in.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Based on what they are selling for on the auction side that's not a bad price for a good condition Python.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless it was a handgun you really wanted I believe I would have passed also especially w/o the case and scope.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Based on what they are selling for on the auction side that's not a bad price for a good condition Python.

The owner or the shop, member on another board that I'm on, brought it out from the back. Said he's only showing it to customers he knows can afford it. Figuring everyone that sees it in the case will want to handle it. One of his regulars inherited it but has to sell it for medical bills.

In that price range for handgun, I'd rather have a Colt SAA or GI - WWI/II 1911.