In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.38 Special Range Day... Range report S&W 637

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Feeling alive today after battling this stupid sinus infection. Headed out to the range and shot the a couple hundred rounds through four different .38 Special revolvers including a USFA Rodeo, Colt DS (circa 1971), S&W 642 and a brand new S&W 637.

The 637 was great....the first 5 shots, fired double action at 15 yards were right at 3" using Hornady Critical Defense ammo. It also performed well with Remington 125 gr. JHP. This one will be in my pocket most of the time once I move to Missouri and get my CCW.

Anyone else brave the rain and go out shooting ???

Update, I shot another 50 rounds through it today. Mainly Remington
125 gr. JHP and some Winchester White box.....good groups under 3" at 15 yards standing. About as good as I can do with a snuby. Sights are easy for my old eyes to see and the boot style grips are comfortable in my hands...
IMG_6568_zpsb2afeef3.jpg.html]IMG_6568_zpsb2afeef3.jpg[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Spousal Unit carries a 640. Everybody She allows to shoot it gets the green envies. Great gun!

Tried a set of Wolff lighter springs, but wouldn't reliably touch off the .357s, so went right back to just what S&W put in it. What was I thinking? Trying to re-engineer perfection, sheesh!
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    I thought perfection was....Glock
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Ya done gone and put me off my feed, XXX!
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put a Wolf 2 coil trigger spring, after having previously removed the mag safety, in one of my FN Hi Powers the other day. Took it out back and shot 2 mags through it.

The trigger reset is fantastic. Where I didn't really notice much change just removing the mag safety, the new trigger spring, makes the trigger feel much nicer.

5226295321_7f049a20f1.jpg