In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Russia Sending Advisors To lraq..While b0z0 Sleeps

Comments

• Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    we set standards, more inclusive government or no fighters. its the right thing to do, regardless...Maliki is a whore, make no mistake about it, and nothing good will come from supporting him from anyone.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Now that Tiger Woods can no longer make the cut on the PGA, the big O is looking to take his place on the circuit- and those pesky reporters just keep interrupting his time on the links.
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    So, you want the US to side with Iran? Because that's who the Russian troops advise. No? Ok, then it's ISIS. Wait. They're an off shoot of Al Qaeda, and supported by Syria, so you'd want US intervention there too.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se
    So, you want the US to side with Iran? Because that's who the Russian troops advise. No? Ok, then it's ISIS. Wait. They're an off shoot of Al Qaeda, and supported by Syria, so you'd want US intervention there too.

That's the thing with this situation, there are no good guys....only variants of bad.

Obama is truly in a no-win situation......he's going to get hammered regardless of what he does or doesn't do.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    You do know we have advisors on the ground there already.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The sad thing about it, is that we had achieved a situation where the Sunnis and Shiites had agreed to disagree peacefully then the big 0 told them we were pulling out and the scramble for each to CTA began. But that's okay, I've heard it by respected authority that NOTHING like that could EVER happen here.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    The sad thing about it, is that we had achieved a situation where the Sunnis and Shiites had agreed to disagree peacefully then the big 0 told them we were pulling out and the scramble for each to CTA began. But that's okay, I've heard it by respected authority that NOTHING like that could EVER happen here.

No, we had not achieved such a situation. We were paying the Sheiks to behave and threatening them at the same time while trying to encourage them to set aside old tribal feuds and work together. While we had 150,000 fighters in-country, we were able to make that work barely well enough to reduce the violence. We never stopped the violence, we just manufactured circumstances where we could finally walk away with " America's honor" intact.

The only thing Obama did wrong in Iraq was not getting out sooner.

Well, that and continuing with Bush's Embassy-Fortress.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Yes, the Russians have sent in some old MIG's and such and some mechanics to help the Iraqi's set them up. I also have read that the Iranians are sending back some of the old Iragi AForce planes that flew to them to be interned during the first Gulf War. Some of those planes are still in flying condition but most are junk. What they really need is what we have on our carrier off their coast but our community organizer in chief just bring himself to cut our guys loose to help them. We need to kill these guys over there rather than sit on our hands and let them take over and plan to come over here and attack us. ISIS can be killed from the air like we did the Taliban in Afghan in 2002/03....just JDAM them as they travel out in the desert from eastern Syria...why we are not doing it is beyond me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    Now that Tiger Woods can no longer make the cut on the PGA, the big O is looking to take his place on the circuit- and those pesky reporters just keep interrupting his time on the links.

Yep...I just read that he has been on 177 golf outings since becoming POTUS...compared to 24 by Bush 43. And he is not worth crap on the links....just like he plays BB...about the only black guy who has no hops...the guy can't even touch the rim! And he can't putt worth a hoot. I would love to have seen him play my scratch golf father....3 handicap and four HIOne. What a round that would have been!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

How is he sleeping we already as I said before have troops on the ground.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Amazes me no end how much love, adoration and butt-hole kissing joy there is on this forum for Russia's Putin and Iran's mullahs.

The only thing we can do is put more Americans in the wrong place for the wrong reasons to fight the wrong enemies at the wrong time with the wrong sized force.

So, where's that idjit Secretary of Defense under Bush when you need him? You know, the guy that went to war with the army he had not the Army he wanted? Anybody remember him?
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    Amazes me no end how much love, adoration and butt-hole kissing joy there is on this forum for Russia's Putin and Iran's mullahs.

The only thing we can do is put more Americans in the wrong place for the wrong reasons to fight the wrong enemies at the wrong time with the wrong sized force.

So, where's that idjit Secretary of Defense under Bush when you need him? You know, the guy that went to war with the army he had not the Army he wanted? Anybody remember him?
    The butt-hole kissing for obozo amazes me!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We already have troops on the ground as advisors.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sooeyman2035

The butt-hole kissing for obozo amazes me!

Bullcrap. There's no one here that likes Obama. There are a few that do not suffer from Obama Derangement Syndrome, that is the only difference.

We have troops on the ground, traveling around the country. We should not have. As soon as one of them gets hurt or worse, your Obama Derangement Syndrome will go into overdrive.

I swear some of you guys must wrap towels around your heads on odd days of the week and kneel towards Tehran. On even days you wrap yourselves in the old Soviet Flag and kneel towards the Kremlin.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,029 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep!
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1

ISIS "supported" by Syria or did you mean Iraq or Iran?
    I've already said we don't have a dog in this fight & never did. When will the U.S. learn to mind it's own damn business? If we hadn't butted into WWI this whole mess in all the mid-east wouldn't exist.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ISIS / ISIL is not a single ideology. It is made up of multiple Sunni groups, all of whom have good cause to be pissed at the Malika Shia government.We warned Maliki about his anti-Sunni policies but in the end it ain't our sandbox.

The most brutal forces of the "Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant" or the "Islamic State in Iraq and Syria" are perhaps 15% of the total. They constitute the pointy end of the spear. There's been a lot of pressure from other Sunni groups for them to back off the slaughter tactics, especially against other muslims.

For us to kill these guys requires American forces on the ground. At the very least our Special Forces and SEALS to move around the country, work with the locals and identify targets.

If we simply go in and bomb the place to glass AGAIN we kill many non-combatants along with the bad guys. Which generates more bad guys.

Better plan - don't invade, instead we leave Saddam in place to anchor the Iranians, keep the Sunni/Shia schism in check. We can easily and relatively cheaply contain Saddam to Iraq.

Now all we need to make that plan a reality is a time machine.

Anybody got a spare time machine laying about the house?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CIT-

do you get paid to be a Monday Morning Quarterback? or are you just an amateur?
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled

ISIS "supported" by Syria or did you mean Iraq or Iran?
    I've already said we don't have a dog in this fight & never did. When will the U.S. learn to mind it's own damn business? If we hadn't butted into WWI this whole mess in all the mid-east wouldn't exist.

Counties have less to do with it than religious factions, i.e. The Troubles between the Catholic and Prodostent churches. Or, even more accurate, three pricks in a bar fight, all off whom you can't stand.

Mind our own business? If the policy wizards here had their way we'd be in the Ukraine, Afghanistan, never left Iraq, and probably have use invading Iran.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,496 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Russia has a vested interest in putting down ISIS in order to assist the Assad Government in Syria.

The U.S. has a vested interest in putting down ISIS in order to maintain the once-puppet Government we installed in Iraq and the Government we spend so much on in Israel.

Iran has a vested interest in putting down ISIS in order to stabilize its North-Western border.

My how military and diplomatic adventurism makes for strange bedfellows.

Russia, Israel, Iran, Iraq, Syria, and the United States all on the same team to put down 10,000 whack-jobs Hoping to Change the Muslim world.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Free Oil, the country is ripe for the taking. If I was Russia or China, I'd invade and take it over.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The leader of ISIL (the new name of the new "country") Abu Bakr-el something or other, has declared that he will see us in NY. I would much rather he be taken out in his new country rather than over here. I listen when other folks tell me what they are going to do (like Hitler, for example or OBL) as not to believe them can lead to another 9/11. Even our CommunityOrganizerInChief has seen the light. That the isolationists who lurk on GBForum disagree doesn't bother me a wit. I have seen what these guys want to do us....and you have, too. Disregard them at your risk!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs
    Free Oil, the country is ripe for the taking. If I was Russia or China, I'd invade and take it over.

Russia or China would have the brutality int hem to accomplish such a thing. They'd slaughter the innocent wholesale right along with the bad guys.

Americans will accept a level of civilian death, but not the near genocide those animals would merrily employ.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    The leader of ISIL (the new name of the new "country") Abu Bakr-el something or other, has declared that he will see us in NY. I would much rather he be taken out in his new country rather than over here. I listen when other folks tell me what they are going to do (like Hitler, for example or OBL) as not to believe them can lead to another 9/11. Even our CommunityOrganizerInChief has seen the light. That the isolationists who lurk on GBForum disagree doesn't bother me a wit. I have seen what these guys want to do us....and you have, too. Disregard them at your risk!

Big difference between isolationism and the re-invasion attitude so many promote. As if the last time was so darned easy and we were so darned close to total victory.

I've no complaint at all with us killing off such enemy leadership and incidental fighters as we can find. Either with stand-off weapons, or target specific missions with our best people going in.

A fixed presence in country, a fortress for an embassy? No, that's too much. Puts us too close to taking a nation building role.

My interest is in America being on a Revenge footing for 9/11 and other terrorist attacks, and a containment footing against terror expansion.

Less we forget, still have these two targets to kill:

Mullah-Omar.jpg
    abc_ayman_al_zawahiri_jrs_110414_wg-3.jpg

So now this character thinks he's running a new "Caliphate" and is the new lord and master of half of Africa, all lands east including India, west to include Spain and staring across the waters to Italy?

Okay, kill him too, first shot we get:

Abu-Bakr-al-Baghdadi-Al-Qaeda-Iraq-ISIS-400x330.jpg
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Not to nitpick, but the guy in the picture is Abu Musab al-Zarqawi...and we killed him back in 2006

76C76A8A5FF6FA97FB68239D8E9CA7_h450_w598_m2_q90_cZIvOdFyl.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

Not to nitpick, but the guy in the picture is Abu Musab al-Zarqawi...and we killed him back in 2006

76C76A8A5FF6FA97FB68239D8E9CA7_h450_w598_m2_q90_cZIvOdFyl.jpg

Ah yes, I see. Now finding links to that photo using both men's names.

USA has put a $10,000,000 bounty on this guy:

_75458943_022551210-1.jpg
    2014612142330177734_20.jpg
    56ad92b9-5c67-445b-b983-4f08d3ccb86e_16x9_600x338.jpg
    Abu-Bakr-al-Baghdadi-011.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray

Big difference between isolationism and the re-invasion attitude so many promote. As if the last time was so darned easy and we were so darned close to total victory.

I've no complaint at all with us killing off such enemy leadership and incidental fighters as we can find. Either with stand-off weapons, or target specific missions with our best people going in.

A fixed presence in country, a fortress for an embassy? No, that's too much. Puts us too close to taking a nation building role.

My interest is in America being on a Revenge footing for 9/11 and other terrorist attacks, and a containment footing against terror expansion.

Less we forget, still have these two targets to kill:

Mullah-Omar.jpg
    abc_ayman_al_zawahiri_jrs_110414_wg-3.jpg

So now this character thinks he's running a new "Caliphate" and is the new lord and master of half of Africa, all lands east including India, west to include Spain and staring across the waters to Italy?

Chris..who is talking about "re-invasion?" Not this guy. I am talking about using our talent and tech to kill our enemies over 5k miles away rather than in NYCity. When a guy tells me he wants to kill me, I believe him! Suggest you do too. We have the talent and tech to do it, but do we have the will? You view is to leave it alone...it will go away. It ain't going away...so what do you do? I suggest you deal with the hand you are dealt, and stop thinking about another hand you would like to have. It is what it is. I want us to do everything we can do to protect my eight grandkids and my three daughters. And this country in general. What we don't need is Charles Lindberg telling us that the German's are too strong and the Luftwaffe is wonderful. The real world is not pretty but we have to deal with it.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we will probably gift both sides money and ammo
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    we will probably gift both sides money and ammo

... but let's make that Jihawg!
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We already have troops on the ground as advisors.

They were already there. They just changed out of their civy clothing.

750 spread amongst 3 embassy locations aint what I consider boots on the ground.