In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger EC9S

redfishbobredfishbob Member Posts: 1,434 ✭✭
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
anybody know anything about there pistols? looking for a single stack 9mm that wont break me. thanks

Comments

• Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never shot one, but I have been making a lot of small concealment holsters for them lately.

Seems to be a fairly popular pistol.

Trinity +++
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have a Ruger LC9S Pro (no mag safety or thumb safety) shoots ok. I like it better than my S&W Shield.
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Totally different gun. (But) I LOVE my Taurus 740 Slim, purchased from Locust Fork.

7 shot, single stack .40. Fits my hand perfectly. Been very reliable thus far.
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is the difference between the EC9S and the LC9S?

They seem to have the same specs with the exception of the sights.
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From my limited research, the only difference is ec9 has non adjustable sights vs adjustable on lc9.
    Looking hard at an lc9 for myself.
    Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    redfishbobredfishbob Member Posts: 1,434 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Trinity, What kind of holsters do you make? got a link to a website?
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an LC9s, it's one of my carry guns. I like it almost as much as My XDs .45. Both conceal nicely, hit where you aim, and are easy on recoil. Try it, you'll like it. [:D]
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    same gun just different sights
    my LC9s is what i carry the most

EC9s
    Sights are machined integrally with the slide and feature glare-reducing, rear face serrations.

LC9s
    Dovetailed, high-visibility sight system with drift adjustable rear sight and fixed front sight.

the LC9 is totally different as it's a hammer fired gun not striker fired like the LC9s and the EC9s, the S in these 2 stand for Striker fired
  • Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Ruger LC9s and EC9s are nice single stacks. Check out Walther's PPS M2 as well. Some distributors have been discounting the standard version. It's priced close to the Ruger and is a very nice pistol. They have an LE version that is higher but comes with 3 mags and night sights.
    I'm not that fond of Ruger's little pop out pin for take down. Walthers take down like a Glock.
  • Options
    carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very happy with LC9s. Great trigger, goes bang every time, and hits what I'm steering it at.

But so does my XDs 45 and my Shield 40. But the 9's got the sweeter trigger and feels lighter.
  • Options
    KronyKrony Member Posts: 303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an original LC9, usually carry on OWB slide holster, I put night sights on it. Some complain about the DA trigger pull on the originals but I find it as smooth as a S&W revolver. A newer S model should be good in that regard being striker fired. Mine has been 100% reliable.

I'm a M&P guy but like the Ruger over the Shield as the size is slightly smaller and edges melted more for carry. Size is better to conceal than my 12 round M&P9C.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Member on another forum I frequent replaced the factory sights on his LC9S with BigDot sights and shot this impressive group:

https://i.imgur.com/NCTQtNp.jpg

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=785313