In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

i got stimulated.........

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
but it's all going to fema[V]

i don't get it my subdivision has been here since 67, made it through the 90's flood, and this current one, but we are forced to pay an additional 700 a year for flood insurance, where 10 miles from the river, and if that levy where to fail it would flood 2 counties, the way they chose who has to pay it is bs, a guy 2 block over don't, but it picks up 3 blocks over, i downloaded the map, and it looks like a 5th graders version of a topographical map, and my house sits higher than any in the neighborhood

wifes on vacation, so there goes the rest in yard crap

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your help. Don
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    I got stimulated too when does the wife have to report back to work?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12

exactly, they extort it out of people like me to pay for those who really should be paying it

i wonder where it all went during Katrina, and why they needed so much assistance

edit: next week, then she's putting in her 2 weeks notice so she can start the new kick * job she got today, it'll be a few hundred more a week, less gas, cheaper insurance, plus a pay raise
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12

exactly, they extort it out of people like me to pay for those who really should be paying it

i wonder where it all went during Katrina, and why they needed so much assistance

fema visa cards, the best hooker you ever bought.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:i got stimulated.........

Don't worry, BOBSKI will be along shortly to put a stop to that!!
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    St. Louis area didn't flood in '93 or '95 or now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    St. Louis area didn't flood in '93 or '95 or now.

i don't live in st. louis, but yes it was mere inches away from breaching the levy, and the stl river front was hit, as well as Alton, st.charles, Grafton, and valmire

i'm kind of confused on what you mean by stl, downtown?, because i can show you pictures of surrounding areas that was totally devastated, i knew families that where forced to move from chateau island
  • Options
    non mortuusnon mortuus Member Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stupid question...
    Does FEMA providie flood insurance?? I'm not really following the connection in paying for insurance, and it somehow going to fema [?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by non mortuus
    Stupid question...
    Does FEMA providie flood insurance?? I'm not really following the connection in paying for insurance, and it somehow going to fema [?]

you can only buy flood insurance through fema period

you can go through your local agent as a representative, but then in turn they have to get it from fema, i learned this through trying to shop around for a better rate
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy I hope I get Stimulated, I got a stupid letter that said STIMULUS PAYMENT but it was just a notice that it was coming. I want to buy some more stocks so I can get rich and buy moe guns!
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got my note from the IRS saying I should be stimulated by July 5th. Will be paying off some bills and a gun I have on lay away.