In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Daewoo DR 200 Info Request

FishnshootFishnshoot Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
I have a neighbor that has a DR 200 in excellent shape. He has about $900 into it and said that he will sell it to me for that price. This is a neighbor that I trust. He says that he has never had any problems with it.

I see a couple on GB for about $400 to $500.

I wanted to find out from the gang here if this is a good make of rifle or if it has had problems. I know nothing about the quality or reliability of this rifle. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    $900 is way to much. I had one for awhile but got rid of it because it started firing full auto. I have also heard of people having problems with them with breaking parts and since they are no longer legal to import parts are almost impossible to come by. You are better off spending your money on a Bushmaster or similar AR type weapon. Also, the DR200 is not as accurate as the AR's. Kimber imported the DR's for awhile but they do not support them with maintenance issues. I think it is illegal for any company to import the parts as well. They are made in South Korea by the arms division of Daewoo inc. I would advise you to pass on it...

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Almost forgot, I paid $425 plus shipping for the DR200 when I bought mine new back in 1997.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Awesome firearm, very accurate and has quite a following. As mentioned however there is that little issue about parts, there are none availible therefore I would not think it wise to invest in one.

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Options
    FishnshootFishnshoot Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advice. Think I'll pass. Sounds like just too much money for this rifle that if it breaks, I will be unable to fix.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fishnshoot,

Good idea to pass on that one. I tried to no success to find parts for a couple owners on on here. I'd stay away from that one like the plague.

Regards,
    190191.gif