In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Men Dumb (Shaving) Question?

drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in General Discussion
Do you shave the back of your neck?
I learned to shave by watching tv comercials, father passed away when I was 12. Neighbor taught me to tie a tie.

See MTV is good for something.

Regards,
Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart throws a sword at you!

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, my hair is blunt cut straight across the back so neck fuz looks pretty dumb. On the other hand, my neck is about all I shave, having worn a full beard for the past 23 or 24 years.

Lord! I just realized my beard is older than some of the posters here! Maybe I will get it registered and give it a screen name... Fuzzy?
  • Options
    spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
  • Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just your beard? I have underwear older than a lot of these guys. And you only shave the bits you want to shave. As uncivilised as locking yourself in a room and scraping the natural hair growth off your face with a sharp instrument at the crack of dawn is.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had to start shaving in fifth grade; by the eigth, I was tired of it. Most of my adullt life, I've had a full beard. Although having icicles form on the 'stache when working outside in January is not always much fun.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep I always did I started needing to shave by the age of 17 I know thats late but I have Blonde hair,so it was pretty light until that age.Now if I had one lone hair one my face or neck I would be wrote up,well warned.Funny when your young you cant wait until you need to shave now at 31 I could do with out it.I cant stand a beard Ive tried dureing vacations etc it drives me crazy.I guess its what you get used to.I got hired as a Leo right out of college and have always had to keep a clean shave.I do have a Mustache but I have to keep it well groomed or it bothers me.

Happy New Year!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    I shave my head so the neck is just an added pain in the rear. thats the part that gets most irratated. Seems the hair grows in all directions back there.

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enough Indian blood in me (I guess) that I have never had to shave. Have a mustache and a go-tee (sp?) From what I have seen and heard, I don't think I have missed anything.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Shaving? I can't grasp the concept.

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried growing a beard once, and could not stand it. I've had a couple of mustaches, and did'nt like those either.
    I let the barber do the back of my neck.
  • Options
    Anna OakleyAnna Oakley Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No I actually don't shave the back of my neck but I sure do recommend it dobs as well as any back / shoulder tufts! I do shave miles more than most men so whenever you need a little shaving advice just ask Anna....[;)] oh and pickenup let me help you out on that: its 'Goatee' as in the thing a goat has under his chin...serious! Basically as long as theres nothing dwelling in there it's all good!
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny topic! I rather have my wife or the barber do it, but I'll hack at the back of my neck with my electric shaver when I have to.

On a related topic, I'm at that unfortunate age when hair is growing better almost everywhere else on my body except the top of my head! If I could just move all the hair up there, I'd be set.
  • Options
    rpo242rpo242 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have a neck hardly long enough to shave. I only shave the front of the neck. My face hasen't been shaved since 1970.

You can't miss fast enough.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    One deal I made with myself the day I got out of the Marine Corps was that I would never shave again. Broke down once when my daughter was about 9-10 years old and had never seen my face without a beard. She asked me to shave it off so I did only that one time. Now I just keep it trimmed.

AlleninAlaska

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
    -- Thomas Paine
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    for people who shave- I always heard you should eat what you reap.
    (kinda like waste not, want not)
    barto[:p]

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate the "helmet-head" look so I always have my very talented stylist taper my hair and I tell her if I need to shake it out and go, after a shower, I want to have a haircut that works for that. She does great work. As for shaving my neck, she occasionally does that for me. If you ask, they'll be happy to do it, and a better quicker job than you can do yourself. For no extra charge.

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input ladies & gents! Usually the barber will shave my neck for me, just wondered if this was something to do every day.

Ps. The army taught me to tie & shine my shoes. They never seemed to care about neck hair as long as your hair was short.

Regards,
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart throws a sword at you!