In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

whats up with R1A1 Rifle?

2»

Comments

• scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    If Century sold it, it may have come with the old thumbhole stock, which counted as a 922 compliant part.

Probably need to check and make sure you have enough US made parts, just to make sure.

Probably the easiest way to add one countable part is by replacing the bottom plates of your magazines with a US labelled one, do them all, simple and cheap.

I would also suggest that you convince yourself that by pulling back the bolt and manually cycling the action with the trigger depressed, that the weapon will not fire automatic.

Do this with extreme caution, obviously.

Muzzle rise is pretty significant on these without a reducer.

I like the STG 58 long ones, with the wire cutter end and internally threaded for a blank adapter.

Gee, I like spending your money.

Only problem is that I can't find any local sources for parts and gizmos. If you find one by you, visit now.

Stimulate the economy.

I was thinking of something like a boss system, or a muzzle break instead of just a flash supressor.
    I already tested it, it fires in semi-auto in either position thank GOD.
    And don't worry about it. I appreciate the advise. too many times I have gone off and bought stuff for my guns that I don't need or paid way too much cuz I didn't check around.
    I need to find a 5 rd magazine that could become fixed if nessasary.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    DSA sells a 5 round mag.

Not sure on how it could be fixed...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Y'all look like you are having fun. (That isn't the shack y'all burnt down now is it?)

No, Now that one wasn't me, that shack sleeps 8 has a pot bellied stove and doesn't even leak, (yet)
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iwannausername
    DSA sells a 5 round mag.

Not sure on how it could be fixed...

a tapped hole in the receiver and a machine screw that holds the mag in with pressure.
    edited November -1
    what about steel cased ammo? $250 for 500 on the other side, I won't be reloading it but I worry about it jambing when the paint comes off the cases? I noticed this rifle got pretty hot from just 10 rds. I could feel the heat even through the handguard...
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    what about steel cased ammo? $250 for 500 on the other side, I won't be reloading it but I worry about it jambing when the paint comes off the cases? I noticed this rifle got pretty hot from just 10 rds. I could feel the heat even through the handguard...

You will probably need to adjust your gas system to get it to run. I shot mostly South African and Brazilian through mine. Tried some chinese steel core and steel cased ammo, found I needed to adjust the gas to get that stuff to work.

PS- Save your reloadable brass, you may not reload now but you will wish you saved it down the line when you start.

I would jump on that ammo at Copes. It won't be there long if it's not gone already.