In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

9mm factory ammo, lead only

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Id like to do some plinking at the indoor range with my 9's but they require lead bullets only, no jacketed ball ammo allowed! Does anybody make lead ammo for the 9's or am I gonna have to start reloading the 9mm's.

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Check out all of the cowboy shooting companies like Custom Cartridge Inc. The all make lead rounds for the cowboy shooting competition. Them make lead ammo for the 10mm.

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    IM sure the police must use lead ammo as well when they practice indoors, Ill check out the cowboy action suggestion. However most Cowboy action shooters do not use 9mm.

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, this is passingly strange - most ranges go the opposite direction and limit lead bullets to reduce the powdered lead dust.

Pa, does this range policy refer to all jacketed bullets or just the standard full patch to protect the backstop? HP and SP aren't going to do the damage of a FMJ. I just did a quick search on Midway; Black Hills offers 50 rd lead RN for $8.72 . . . likely there are others. If you do decide to roll your own, use a real hard alloy product to facilitate feeding.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
    edited November -1
    Ok thanks Teak, Ill check it out! I think they just restrict the full metal jackets. They like them to stay under 1200 ft per second as well!

This is a private rifle club, so it doesn't get alot of use, so the lead dust really isn't an issue! They shoot indoors up there on wednesday nites only and only thru the winter! When the weather breaks we move outside to the outdoor range!

I know some of the guys shoot their 44 mags and 45.s up there as well! Their are usually only five or six shooting every week! Some practicing for Bullseye, and some shooting their 22 rifles!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

• matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pabooger
    They like them to stay under 1200 ft per second as well!

This is a private rifle club

How is this possible?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    doesnt wolf make their ammo lead?

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 0311marine
    doesnt wolf make their ammo lead?

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI

copper jacket does that count?

and i hope they got proper ventilation pa

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    Matwor: Most 9mm handgun ammo is under 1200 ft per second, whats don't you understand! If your shooting hotter calibers such as the 44 Mag, they want ya to keep the velocites down a tad! I don't see the big deal!

As most up there shoot silhouettes, most of them hand load for the lower velocities, and better accuracy anyways! I load my own 44's but just never bothered to load the 9mm ammo as factory ammo is fairy reasonable in price!!

It's a private club, you have to be a member or a guest or you don't shoot! Membership is $25 a year and range fees are $2;00! It's one of the finest facilities here in the state, and they have held the State Championship Cowboy action silhouette shoots here for the last few years! When all the targets get set up it's pretty impressive!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

edited November -1
    sounds fun pa

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, we learn a lttle more each day about Pabooger's "Condition" everyday, don't we. [:D] [:D] [8D]
    http://www.dhs.cahwnet.gov/ohb/OLPPP/pntblnk1.htm

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, R9r, I was thinking it had more in common with over exposure to mercury! [}:)]

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)