In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FLORIDA SHOOT.....

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Classic will be on later to tell you all about it....
It was cold today...ohhhhhhh wow was it cold at the range, but I was warmed by the company of the people who came...

Hairy...its always such a joy to be around you...I know I am blowing your cover but I could care less...*LOL

Steve (wizard)...It was a pleasure to meet you today, and I instantly felt so very comfortable with you...You are one in a million and I consider you to be a very dear friend, along with others I have met from GB....Thanks for a great time today....
One other thing....I was in heaven all day...was in the company of some very attractive men....hubby included of course....wooooooooohoooooooooo...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Hudson.gif

Comments

• HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Thanks to you and Classic for setting it up.

My wife now says she should have gone with me; she was afraid that with it being a gun range, I would try to "talk" her into shooting. She's okay with me, but prefers not to be in a crowd when she's firing. She will come next time--she promises.

Steve: I enjoyed meeting you; and hope we can do this again when it is warmer.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you all had a good time. Explain what cold was in Florida.[:o)]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Cold in Florida is when one day its 82 degrees then the next day its below 50 with the wind blowing and wind chill around 40 or so, [:o)]Now thats cold BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR[:p]

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    Cold in Florida is when one day its 82 degrees then the next day its below 50 with the wind blowing and wind chill around 40 or so, [:o)]Now thats cold BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR[:p]

Sounds like a nice Spring day in Ohio.[8D]Keeps them shootin irons cooler when you start burning the ammo up.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
    edited November -1
    How do ya think I kept my hands warm?[:p]Nothing like a good warm g[:o)][:o)]

animatflip.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish I could have been there, but I was laying on a heating pad taking a Darvocet or two.

Maybe after Daylight Savings Time begins.
    I hate driving at night. [:(] [:D] [8D]

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
    edited November -1
    Yeppers, its not really that far down here, and we do have a good range. Will try to schedule one for a time when more people can attend, [:p]

animatflip.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November -1
    What a great day at the range. A BIG thanks to classic and Black Roses for setting it up and inviting us. This was the first time shooting trap for me. I got to try out a new shotgun I picked up here on GB and was very happy with it. (I need more practice though ) I think I hit only 3 out of 25. The range is great. A lot nicer than the one I usually go to. We shot a couple of different guns (weapons[}:)]) as classic mentiond, and I was very glad to have company when one of my rifles jammed a reload and we had to bang it out. The company was the highlight of the day. Larry and Beth were exactlly as I thought they would be. Friendly and accommodating. They made me feel as if we've known each other for years. Hairy came and we talked for a while and he is all smiles. Nothing like what you'de picture him as. He gives the impression on this forum, of being crancky. In person though, he is just the opposite, friendly and worldly. All in all, it was a real pleasant day. A bit cool but the warm company more than made up for the temperature. Thanks, Classic, BL and Hairy, we have to do it again. [8D]

Steve

ag00612_.gifsun_setting.gif
    Fight Crime, Shoot First
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    A gathering in Florida and Texas on the same day, but we were trying to buy guns instead of shoot 'em. Glad you guys had a good time.

The weather here was about the same, and we stood in the wind visiting outside after the show. Funny, the one that was freezing was Dawn...and she's from New York! [;)]

Hairy,
    the deal with your lady reminds me that Highball's "blonde" (his story, not mine, so I won't go into details), was stunned that we all met on the net and were meeting in person...and we're gun owners!
    Funny, funny,
    but I guess to a non-shooter it might sound strange. [:D] Had we met at a range, I doubt she would have joined Bert!