In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gunshow Alert, Harrisberg...

outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
This is not a "want ad" Nunn, it's for information only! [:D]

bauer1.jpg

bauer2.jpg

Okay guys and gals at the "Gun Broker Yankee Mafia" meeting in Harrisberg, be on the lookout for one of these. Tim is aware of this but thought pics might help.

What I'm looking for is a BAUER 22/410 O/U,
I've paid anywhere from $60 to $160 for various models of the 22LR's, 410 single shots and the O/U depending on condition.

I have all of them but my only O/U is NIB, and I need another for the canoe trips. So, rough condition is okay as long as the bores are good. I'd pay $200 in a heartbeat for a decent one, and I don't mind if you only pay a hundred for it.

Note the forward "trigger" is the release to open and rotate the bbl for loading. Some models are break-down, some aren't. They may be brown or black, or both combined. Makes me no difference.

Mfg. under several names back in the late 60's, early 70's.
Firearms International, Garcia, Bronco and Bauer.

Would also pay for a 22 mag. model if you run across one.

I keep a "want ad" at GB and every other site I can find, but no luck so far on another O/U. The 22's are easy to come by, 410's a little harder. If I don't find another "used" O/U by spring, my NIB model is doomed to water in the bottom of the canoe, mud and rust! HELP! [8D]

Comments

• SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jerry this isn't really a gun show but there are alot of Texas Fishing and Game Outfitters here.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jerry, I don't go to as many shows as I would like and tend to ignore firearms, but I'll try to keep a watch for this - it's odd enough that it's easy to see at a glance - and that's about what I do - skim through looking for evidence of ammo and move along, usually ignoring the firearms.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Karen,
    then check the pawn shops! [;)]

Teak,
    I'll take any help I can get, THANKS in advance!
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a Yankee, I must correct you sir.
    It's spelled Harrisburg! [:D] [:D] [8D]

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
    edited November -1
    Just the Texan in me Ruger! [:D]
    Ya know how backward we country folks are...
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Luckily for you, this is not a gun show...otherwise, you might be talkin' about a "straw purchase"...[;)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ECC i sell guns.. so this would be me purchasing it with an ffl transfering to a ffl in his area for him to pickup.. No straw purchase there.. I don't do anything illegal.. besides I wouldn't look good wearing orange with black letters!!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Swwbo
    ECC i sell guns.. so this would be me purchasing it with an ffl transfering to a ffl in his area for him to pickup.. No straw purchase there.. I don't do anything illegal.. besides I wouldn't look good wearing orange with black letters!!

[:D][:D]Neither would I! Being new to the gun business, I am constantly worried that I might accidentaly break some obscure law. My post was more jest, than anything else.[:)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jerry,
    I've hit more pawn shops this week than in the past 6 months.
    I ain't seen either one of them critters, yet.
    But, it sure has given me a "mission".
    I'm gonna' keep lookin' till I find one in .22mag. or the O/U.

Tideman [on Duty in TEXAS]

"Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"
    edited November -1
    You're a good 'un Tide!

ECC, no prob. buddy, know where you're coming from, no gun is worth the trouble you mention...well, maybe just this one. [;)]

B'sides, SWWBO is a hard cookie...[:D]