In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone have a Walther P22?

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
I got one today and was wondering if there is a bigger mag made for it.

Comments

• RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by D@D

Yes, I do and no, there's not--least not that I've found. If you run across one, please post a link here. I'm definitely interested. [8D]
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl
    quote:Originally posted by D@D

Yes, I do and no, there's not--least not that I've found. If you run across one, please post a link here. I'm definitely interested. [8D]

+1
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    I don't own one, but I have re-assembled a lot of them for customers.
  • carolinashootercarolinashooter Member Posts: 339 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have had one since they first came out. I have never seen or heard of a larger mag than the ones that came with it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drjew

That darn plastic stick is sure a handy tool huh [:D]
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    Funny I stopped to pick one up tonight for my boys(has nothing to do with me or the threaded barrel ready for suppresor[B)])

What is everyones take on this little gun?

It fits my 8yr old's hand well also the older boys can grip it well.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75
    Funny I stopped to pick one up tonight for my boys(has nothing to do with me or the threaded barrel ready for suppresor[B)])

I like mine quite a bit. I shot it quite a bit suppressed till I got my Kimber 1911/22 set up for a suppressor. Well now I run the Kimber mostly.
  • 2ndamendright2ndamendright Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the only problem with mine is it needs HV ammo. The bulk ammo has shown problems with FTE in mine.
  • trc313trc313 Member Posts: 3,475
    edited November -1
    I have seen a replacement spring or something along that line that you can buy that will let it hold 2 more rounds
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nwcid
    quote:Originally posted by drjew

That darn plastic stick is sure a handy tool huh [:D]

Yup. It teaches some people a lesson, too. I have a pretty good size paw and I just couldn't grip the damn thing well. I got a Sig Mosquito and regardless of the bad press, I got a good one. Just use the right ammo with the right spring and no worries.
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    quote:pietro75 Posted - 05/20/2009 : 8:03:56 PM Funny I stopped to pick one up tonight for my boys(has nothing to do with me or the threaded barrel ready for suppresor)

I put about 100rds in mine yesterday evening no hickups at all. I was using Federal bulk ammo.
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The slide stop has a tendancy to blister the side of your thumb after a while. Other than that I loved mine.
  • supereaglesupereagle Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE HAD ONE FOR 6 MONTHS NOBODY MAKES A BIGGER MAG i also put a laser on mine awsome shooting gunquote:Originally posted by D@D
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    ive had one since the target model came out. only had one problem with a little set screw on the weight compensator. was replaced promptly at no charge.

i like it a lot, my mk2 kicks its butt in accuracy but the p22 makes up for it in the fun factor. keep it clean and use teflon oil. my pistol eats all ammo and loves cheap federal.

order at least ten magazines and you will have a lot more fun. i looked into it a lot and no bigger mags can be purchased here. it would be nice to fabricate a drum out of aluminum.
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Just got one but have not shot it yet.
  • bustinstainlessbustinstainless Member Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you can cut the follower down and get 2-3 extra rounds
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Carry mine when I take the dogs for a walk, popped a few round into a tree yesterday. Dogs scattered for a while.
    Mine is olive drab/black, fun pistol, cheap to shoot, lots of safety features.
  • AZ9JAZ9J Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got one 2 weeks ago. Have put probably 300 rounds through it with no problems. (Federal Bulk)

DSC_0006.jpg
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Far as I know, there are ZERO extended clips for .22 pistols. Factory clips for S&W held 12, thats the biggest I have ever known of. Something to do with the Clinton ban back in 94. When it expired there was some trade off made to limit .22's to 10 rounds. I don't know the details, but had a few dealers to tell me this.
  • 22lrplinker22lrplinker Member Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really like mine... 10 shots a clip are enough.
    edited November -1
    Well I use to shoot mine a lot,

DSC02398.jpg

Until I got this one,

DSC04443.jpg

Factory Kimber .22 (not just upper). It has 10rd mags too. If you pull the "plug" out of the mag you can get 15rds in them but have about a 20% failure to feed issue.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I spent months going back and fourth between Walther, Sig Mosquito and the Ruger Mark III 22/45. I ended up going with the Mark III because I decided that I wanted the full intergrate suppressed upper.

I hear they are great guns, I might end up buying one someday. The Mesquito tunred me off because it only came with 1 magazine and it was the most expensive.

22/45 $245 out the door
    P22 $275 out the door
    Mosquito $325 out the door

I can't help to think the 5.5inch bull barrell will not be the more accurate better shoting gun and with my large hands, it feels a bit more comfortable.
  • MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looking at the Auctions, I would say the P22 is more like $330-360 plus. Then there is shipping and FFL.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    had the p22 before..heard to get clip with "A" prefix...hadny little pistol with laser...rear sight is staked at factory & if they come loose no way to snug up....got issc m22, junk....sig mosquito, good so good a friend wanted it....gsg 1911 clone, top notch ...as good as cz kadet factory 22...had mk2 5.5" shold have never sold....wnitney wolverine dowsn't fit right, s& w 4" neither
  • claysclays Member Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys looking for a hi-cap mag for your Walther P22. Well here it is.
    Walther P22 45rd Drum
    [D2L5-AR27S28]

High Capacity Magazines for Walther P22 Pistol and G22 Rifle! Machined out of 6061-T6 Aluminum and Hardcoat anodized black, this drum holds 45 rounds of 22lr. ammunition and fits in both the Walther P22 pistol and G22 rifle. Using machined parts and factory Walther magazine for the tower this drum is built to last a lifetime. Works excellent with the 5" barreled P22 pistol and the G22 rifle, a pressure booster or sound suppressor is recommended for reliable cycling with the 3.4" barreled P22.

$199.99
  • coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 7,516 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by clays
    Walther P22 45rd Drum
    [D2L5-AR27S28]

High Capacity Magazines for Walther P22 Pistol and G22 Rifle! Machined out of 6061-T6 Aluminum and Hardcoat anodized black, this drum holds 45 rounds of 22lr. ammunition and fits in both the Walther P22 pistol and G22 rifle. Using machined parts and factory Walther magazine for the tower this drum is built to last a lifetime. Works excellent with the 5" barreled P22 pistol and the G22 rifle, a pressure booster or sound suppressor is recommended for reliable cycling with the 3.4" barreled P22.

$199.99

$200 for something that probably won't work half the time, and only holds 45rds?
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MBK
    Looking at the Auctions, I would say the P22 is more like $330-360 plus. Then there is shipping and FFL.

Here's a coupla for 300 BIN.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=211516245

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=211832251

And one for 310.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=211718569
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,637 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love mine, finally got the shorter barrel for it.
  • claysclays Member Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by coltpax
    quote:Originally posted by clays
    Walther P22 45rd Drum
    [D2L5-AR27S28]

$199.99

$200 for something that probably won't work half the time, and only holds 45rds?

WOW! I research to find a highcap mag for several guys who seem interested and post about it, only for some kid that isn't even old enough to purchase a handgun, most likely does not own one or have any experience with a Walther P22, and he wants to give a negative evaluation of the item based on what?