In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

tried out some Smith&Wessons

InvictaInvicta Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just got back from a local shooting range, Smith&Wesson had a promotional event where you could shoot all of their guns. I shot their new airlite 44mag, 4040pd airlite, performance center 952, and the S&W 1911. All these guns were really nice and I was impressed with all of them. I had previously never shot any S&W's but if I was in the market for a new handgun I definately would consider a Smith. The 4040pd and 1911 were my favorites, the 44 airlite kicked a good bit and hurt the webbed part of my thumb, the 952 was nice and accurate but I would take the 1911 over it. I did'nt shoot the new 500 S&W revolver but my brother did, he said it did'nt kick as much as he thought it would.

Comments

• muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of metal are the airlites made of?Scandium or something else.
    I picked up one of those 500's...... HEAVY.
    Hows about a 500 made of scandium......YIPPEE!!

Muggster
  • InvictaInvicta Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the 4040pd and 44 airlite are both scandium, the 500 is regular steel, anything lighter than steel and you would probably get hurt just as bad as if you were on the recieving end.
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's good and envy you. I would like to try that 952. I saw one a police trade show and it looked great but you can't go on looks.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    quote:What kind of metal are the airlites made of

Last I heard they were being made from unobtanium[:D]

I am not a number I am a free man

sig

Volin.gif
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I recently bought a Smith & Wesson 386PD, the Scandium Airlite .357 mag 7-shot. It has a very serious recoil but only weighs 17 ounces. I like it a whole lot.

The 329PD is the .44 mag Airlite and although I haven't shot one the guy at the gun shop tells me it's something he doesn't much want to do again. Too much power for a 22-ounce gun.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Invicta
    I was just jokin about the scandium .500[B)][:p]
    I have heard that the scandiums kick real good...like to try one

Warpig,

What is with the caveman holding the sign and how do you know that information?

Muggster