In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ANYONE WATCH WWE?

leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I have a friend who is opening a wrestling paraphinelia store. She is looking for ideas on a name for her shop. Any ideas?

So far the only thing shes come up with is, "SLAM!!" Was looking for a more marketable name that self explains the store to target consumer.

How do you like my new Talk Type?? Charity the office Manager.

Comments

• bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    How about

"Hillbilly Heaven"[:D]

Sorry, couldn't resist, but good luck to her.

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    How about "The Dungeon" .
    After The King of Harts, Stu Hart's gym in the basement of his house
    here in Calgary.
    Actually anyone that knows anything about wrestling over the last
    3 decades will know what The Dungeon is.

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not,
    and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
  • muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No offense but Professional Wrestling is about the most idiotic thing on television.I can't believe that adults actually watch this stuff...kids maybe.I used to be a big fan(when I was a KID) when Dundee,Tojo Yamamoto,the Moon Dogs,Jerry the King Lawler,Randy Savage,Jimmy Heart...ect.Anyway,if it was a real sport it would be in the sports section of the newspaper.
    As far as opening up a store selling memorbilia,good idea,the idiotic masses will eat it up like hurgery wild boars.[;)]

Muggster
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I'm amazed that wrestling isn't invited to the soap opera awards. That is basically what it is. I'm not saying they aren't athletes because they have to be in good shape to do what they are doing but they are glorified stunt men trying to act and not doing a good job of it.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeez Muggster, when I was a kid it was Yukon Eric, Gorgeous George, the original Andre the Giant, Baron Von Sombodyorother, and even then I knew it was a fake. Kinda goes with NASCAR...[}:)]

He Dog
    edited November -1
    He dog

WOW, you must really be an OLD GEEZER!hehe[:D]
    Yeah,when I was little I thought it was real till my brother told me otherwise,I was crushed to say the least...kinda like findin out about Santa[V]

Muggster
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO, um, let me rephrase that - Hell no! [}:)]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wrestling may be fake but Brock Lesnar is not. He was the NCAA Super Heavyweight champion and would have won the Olympics if he had gone that route but there is no money in being the worlds best amatuer wrestler. So he has to be content in being the only man that can slam the the Big Show, and making millions.

BROCK RULES!!! That should be the name of your store.

Then you could make shirts like Brock Rules: Rule #1, Do not enter my ring. Rule #2, Not liable for damage. Ect, ect.

Mad Dog
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I miss Jake "The Snake" Roberts, and his buddy Damien....

And "Rowdy Roddy" Piper used to say some of the most hilarious stuff, either in interviews or when guest-commenting matches.

The only significant difference between wrasslin' (which is different from WRESTLING, which is an honest-to-goodness sport) and cartoons is that wrasslin' is 3-dimensional....
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now be nice my son is going to be a pro wrestler for czw out of philly. As for a name for your friends shop how about the grappler

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
  • NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    Wrestlin is a continuing soap opera for those of us who
    still enjoy a little hand to hand entertainment . Of course it is
    staged. I would hope you wouldn't think that any of its Fans
    really believe its real.[;)]

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not,
    and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, I would not think that, I would not think it has fans![}:)]

He Dog
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mankind loves to see a person get the snot kicked out of them its been that way from the begining of time.What I worry about is the high risk these actors are going to to please the fans. Broken bones cuts all the time and now you have barb wire matches and such and if you think that stuff is fake your wrong. The guys mindset is alittle pain is ok for the fans. But the scars and toll on the body is real. Pain killers are common to the point of addiction. Not like in the old days. wrestlers now are just plain nuts. All this pain and tearing your body up for 100 a show to start not all the guys are super stars and rich.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    Tolono.gif
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    how about xtreme

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    These are are stars of my day. Dusty Rhodes, The Briscoe brothers, Harley Race, Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer, Bugsy McGraw, Pak Song, Boe Boe Brazil and the greatest wrestling announcer of all time Gordon Solie.

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elect1mike
    . and now you have barb wire matches and such and if you think that stuff is fake your wrong.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    Tolono.gif

Aww man....tell me your JOKIN'!!!
    Yeah,it's all REAL!!!hahahaha!

Muggster