In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

OSU's Clarett going Pro.

Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Maurice Clarett won his suit against the NFL and is going Pro.

My predictions is the Cowboys will somehow get him and win the superbowl in 2 years. Clarett will go down as one of the greatest running backs of all time and retire early like OSU's Robert Smith (Young, Rich & Healthy).[;)]

Mad Dog

Comments

• gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    My prediction...he'll amount to Zilch!!

The kid's constatly into something he should not be. He's nothing but trouble, and runs with trouble. He'll screw up again.

In my opinion he's not ready for the NFL.
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    When I first saw him run I thought I was looking at a Barry Sanders re-run. The kid had everything. I don't think it will take too long for him to get back into playing form and be football ready....

That said, I have to agree with gbeggrow. He's too cocky to understand he's NOT Barry Sanders Right Now! His mouth, attitude and "crew" will get him in trouble and he'll be like the rest of the big expectation/small production types that have fallen flat on their faces in recent years.

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Maybe he'll swing through Blacksburg,VA and pick up Marcus Vick to go with him! Then they both can find some more underage girls to take advantage of and capture it on film also!!!!! How stupid can they be?GHD
  • HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dallas wants no part of him, he is overatted.
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who is Clarett and what suit did he win?? Is he trying to get into the NFL? Why the Cowboys??

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not the Cowboys that is just Travis's Halmman's speculation, he will be able to enter the NFL draft because he won a suit. Before this suit, you had to be out of high school for 3 years before you were able to enter the NFL draft, this rule has been struck down due to anti-trust laws, so Clarett will enter the upcoming draft if he so chooses.
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clarett as a true 18 year old freshman was the most dominating running back I have ever seen. He has everything as far as talent. He is big (230+), fast and can juke like Barry Sanders. He did not get charged for rape like Kobe. He did not choke his coach. He took money from a friend of the family ($500) after helping the school bring in $13,000,000. Yes he has a big ego and wants to hang out with his friend Lebron James but that is against the NCAA rules.

I say Dallas will get him because they need a running back. He has had his stock drop but missing a year of football has helped his pinched nerve in his shoulder heal. Which means he might be around when Dallas picks.

Just remember, You heard it hear first. Nostradamas does not have anything on me when it comes to football.[:D] I predicted that Randy Moss would drop in the draft and become a great Viking. Now I am picking Clarett to be one of the best running backs of our time.

Mad Dog