In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Joke for Travis Hallam

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I read this in readers digest a few years ago.

A man was traveling down a desert road with his accelerator floored and his speedometer pegged, when all of the sudden he saw cherries far back in his rearview mirror, no doubt coming to stop him. Well, sure enough, as he slowed down the Cop gained on him and did pull him over. The cop came up to the car and said, "I've been waiting all day for a dipstick like you to come speeding by!!!" With that the man replied, "Well sir, I got here as fast as I could.".[:p]

Ben.
P.S. If you really wanna good laugh I can tell you what it will do to your insurance rates.[:0]

Comments

• Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just my luck, I go trolling and catch a fisherman.[:D]

I did run the cops one night (repeatedly just for fun) and they had 12 units looking for me. It was my cousins idea as I did not have a kickdown cable and had to drive in circles on the highway to look like I was burning cookies. When two other units popped over a hill I had to drive right at them (uphill) doing a whopping 45. By the time they realized it was me they were after my car finally got up to speed and I did about 135 mph. My cousin said slow down and he would jump (I should have slowed to 80 and let him)[:0]. I got on a gravel road and lost the cops but my cousin bailed out when I stopped and had to walk back home 8 miles. They never caught me as I parked in the shadow of a farm truck about a 1/4 mile off of a back road and waited 4 hours until they quit driving by where I was parked. The statute of limitations is up, being as that was 22 years ago. Never tried it again. Usually drive within 5 mph of the limit nowadays.

Mad Dog