In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Travis Hallem's Rifle, Pics! Danger 56kers

trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
The gun is a Custom Monte Carlo Youth stock with a Mauser 98 action (.243) and a 24"shillen barrel
Before
LX_Gun.jpg
After
LX_Stock.jpg
LX_Rifle.jpg
LX_Monte_carlo.jpg

sniper.gif
koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry

Comments

• steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    DROOL! Put my name in the hat! j/k [:D] -Toe
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Trooperchin; The gun is my boys. We had some friends put the deer on and refinish the gun. I told him if he sees a whitetail he has to look at the stock and make sure the deer is at least that big before he shoots.[:D] The first picture is the best I could do for detail and the second shows the actual color better.

It is better than the pics could show. The guys do excellent scrimshaw work and they made the deer so detailed it looks like real deer hair. Now I just have to see what they are going to charge.[:0] I am sure they will haggle me down. Sometimes they won't even let me pay for things such as a very nice custom knife they made for me.

Mad Dog
  • ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beautiful rifle. Many years of satisfaction with it and may many bucks fall before it.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you mean by before and after? Did you do a light refinish, or just clean it up or what?
    It's nice Travis. [:p]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The before and after was just a misunderstanding. The rifle did not have anywork done previously. I took the pictures 2 days ago and the color showed up when the definiton did not so I asked Tropperchin to post both. The rifle was toatally refinished by my friends who do casting work for a living.

Mad Dog