In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Too much coffee?

deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Well we all know Drinking too much alcohol is bad for you in the long term Thats why i limit myself to having a few drinks once a week
But what about coffee? what are the bad effects it will have on my body Besides the "jitters"? I honestly love the stuff and drink
at least 4-5 cups of Black coffee a day. My god......Coffee....is there anything that isnt bad for you today[V]

use_deer.jpg

Comments

• TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well...it's known to screw-up your spelling...
    So lay off....

"Always drink upstream from the herd"
    Will Rogers
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TwoDogs:Now that got me laughing[;)]
  • ToolbabeToolbabe Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lol lol lol
    tool babe

Master mess sargent RRG
    Flying-witch18.gif
    Oh my God! is the beginning of a prayer, not a one liner!
    We come into this life with nothing, everything after this is our treasure
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ain't hour egukashunal sistem grate????

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Forget i asked.....Thanks for having a good laugh on me.

use_deer.jpg
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    deer, if I didn't have a dikshunery by my side, I'd be helpless....Plus, at the speed I type, there's plenty of time to look things up using my other hand..[:D][:o)]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just funnin you Bro....
    Your right too much coffee is not good.
    Take care...stay healthy...and good point...

"Always drink upstream from the herd"
    Will Rogers
  • schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deerhntr.....I loved coffe until I went on Blood pressure medication. I like the dang ol' jitters. And you are right..everything is bad for you - so if youlike it.....so what.

Sweet-N-low & creamer for me!

Be responsible
    Be intelligent
    Be REPUBLICAN
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    No such thing as to much coffee!![:D]

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deerhntr: I don't know about to much coffee being bad but if anyone would know it would be me. I drink coffee from 8am until midnight everyday. Nothing like a good cup of coffee to make everything right again. On the other hand, Maybe thats why I have been noticing my spelling getting worse the older I get[:o)]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The amount of coffee that is safe to drink is subject to debate. You have to decide for yourself; there are no overall rules. It effects different people in different ways. It can be good for you. May cut suicide risk for women.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9603/coffee_suicide/

or

http://www.s-t.com/daily/03-97/03-11-97/b01ho075.htm

I drink a lot of coffee.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    i brewed a fresh pot about 45min.ago
    damn is it good

Lt.RRG

"Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'm not dead, just haven't had my coffee yet.....wife's reply to my cries for breakfast....maybe it has something to do with the valentine's day gift of new blades for the lawnmower?????????
  • Chaser11Chaser11 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by deerhntr
    Well we all know Drinking too much alcohol is bad for you in the long term Thats why i limit myself to having a few drinks once a week
    But what about coffee? what are the bad effects it will have on my body Besides the "jitters"? I honestly love the stuff and drink
    at least 4-5 cups of Black coffee a day. My god......Coffee....is there anything that isnt bad for you today[V]

use_deer.jpg
    [:D] [:D] [:D] 4-5 cups a day ...I have that b/4 noon. bet I go thru 4-5 pots a day ,right up to 2 am when I go to bed . Never get the jitters , but if i must go with out my coffee for a blood test or something ...I just ain't right 'till i get my first cup. like you said ,"is there anything that isn't bad for you today." ..When i was a kid all the sewers was run into the rivers, I swam and fished and ate the fish out of that river my whole younger life..Today all towns have sewer plants and the little brown foamy things floating around the river are gone, but they warn ya about eating the fish. wish i had a nickle for every cup of river water I swallowed as a kid. Ya can't spend your whole life worrying about what is gonna kill ya or the worry will. drink up and enjoy as long as yer Doc. doesn't tell ya its' mess'n with your health. Ya only go around once, best enjoy it.Water and woods ,keep yer feet wet and your powder dry and you'll be smili'n longer than most. [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [;)]

American used to Roar like Lions for Liberty- Now they Bleat like Sheep for Security.
    Always Remember Security without Liberty is called PRISON! -