In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cold Case TV Show Has Anti-Gun Spin

gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
edited January 2005 in General Discussion
Just finished watching the Cold Case TV show this evening.
They gave a very distorted and depraved view of gun shows and gun dealers.

I have never been to a gun show that looked like a carnival with scantly clad women dancing with military rifles and gun dealers in bizarre costumes selling full auto Mak 10's without background checks and to children.

Anyone else see the same episode?

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Comments

• Options
    HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't see it, not surprised.
  • Options
    beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't surprise me either. America's most wanted had some anti-gun crap on last night. The killer:

1. used a Glock 45 (which was repeated over and over like it fired itself)
    2. used Cor-bon ammo ---repeated over and over in a bad tone
    3. had a conceal carry permit (which had absolutely NOTHING to do with the killing of the armored guard. [ACTUALLY The GLOCK, IN COMBINATION WITH THE HIGH POWERED COR-BON AMMO AND THE CONCEAL- CARRY PERMIT DROVE THE MURDERER TO DO IT!!!!!!!!!] Bunch of jerks!!!

Bruce
  • Options
    deputydondeputydon Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunpaq - I saw the show & my wife finally told me to cool it cuz I was goin' off about the anti gun, anti gunshow, and the full auto that was outlawed in 1934 BS they were trying to push. POS show must have an anti producer. [V] -Don

blonds.bmpWhen they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
    Parsons.gif
  • Options
    Brian98579Brian98579 Member Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does a MAC-10 really fire "30 rounds per second"? That would be about 1800 rpm.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea, that show was just a little slanted in the anti gun way. I am surprised Sarah Brady didn't make guest apperance on the show.

muss
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    What do you guys expect from the media? Any media! The media is the enemy of American gun owners!

njretcop@copmail.com

vic.jpgdd.art
    Charlie
  • Options
    kiwibird1kiwibird1 Member Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw that one last night. I couldnot belive what I was seeing. I think my wife was a bit suprised at how offended I was. It happens to be one of her favorite shows. I think I may have to look up the producer and ask him to make a public appology for lying to the viewers about gun shows. Not once have I ever been to or heard of a gun show like that one.

Greg.

Takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory.
    DC9L.jpgeaws.gifwings2.gif
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen the ads for CSI. That scrawny blonde with the pale skin and the chopped up hair is so unsightly that the notion of watching her for an entire hour is unpalatable to me.
  • Options
    kiwibird1kiwibird1 Member Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just went to the web site. At the bottom of the page you can send comments about any show on CBS. I hope to get a response soon.

Greg.

Takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory.
    DC9L.jpgeaws.gifwings2.gif
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Just sent them an email.

MOLON LABE!
    allahSortbs.jpg
    An evil tree bears evil fruit. You can destroy as much fruit as you want, but it will always grow back, and it will always be evil.

Tear the tree out of the ground by the roots and burn it. Burn it to ash and grind out the embers with your boot until there's nothing left. Not a single spark. Not a single seed.
  • Options
    vafrankovafranko Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing surprises me on TV shows any longer in regards to the "bad guns". Caught a few minutes of a Bruce Willis movie the other night and he described a Glock as a porcelain gun, able to go metal detector undetected, yada, yada. I can't decide where the industry is just stupid on guns or just their agenda. Maybe combo of both.

Franko
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunpaq

I have never been to a gun show that looked like a carnival with scantly clad women dancing with military rifles and gun dealers in bizarre costumes selling full auto Mak 10's without background checks and to children.

If that was what a gun show looked liked, I'd go to a hell of a lot more....

Molon Labe
  • Options
    greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    I too saw that POS program. My wife commented on how amazing it must be to have a gun that just got up, went over to a playground and decided to shoot someone - all by its' lonesome!

Never accuse these guys of NOT using their literary license.

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.