In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NEED GLASSES

prestonweldonprestonweldon Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I recently purcased five guns from the web. I want mention which ones or who the dealers are,or the web-sites. These guns were listed to be 99% or NIB. I even spoke with the dealers and they were very proud of the shape the guns were in. One even told me the gun could be put back in the box like it had just been packaged. They all told me the same story. Not another gun like it, this gun is what you are looking for,etc. Well, when the guns started arriving one by one, my expectations of what a 99% to NIB gun quickly fell to what I percieve as being a 85% gun. These guns had deep sratches, numerous handle marks, and even some touched up spots. The guns looked like they had never not been hunted with. You all now the guns. The ones you let your neighbor or brother-in-law hunt with. Not the guns you forbid dust to collect on. COME ON FELLOWS lets face it, if you are going to list your guns as being 98%,99%, or even new in the box they should be what they are supposed to be. NIB MEANS WHAT IT MEANS. 99% MEANS devoid of box never fired. 98% MEANS gun is devoid of box, has been fired, maybe a magnifiable scratch or two. If you are advertising your gun, you should be precise in the way you grade the gun. This way you can save the buyer and the other dealers on the web time and money. Not to FORGET MYSELF INCLUDED. So NEEDLESS to say, I am sending and have sent these guns back for full refund. You may say, well at least you got your or are getting your money back. If this is the case, then you haved missed my point and may need to purchase a set of glasses yourself so you want put others in the same boat as I HAVE BEEN IN.

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry.[:(][}:)]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Well welcome to the board, now try finding another topic to post on. If you have a problem with a seller, talk to him. What do you expect us to do?

I dont usually go off on a rant but this is ridiculas. We supposed to rally around you and jump on the dealers who posted the guns condition.

Maybe your idea of 99% to NIB is different from the dealers, did you ask for picture?, ask the dealer if ther were any belemishes, scratches, dings?

If not then your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part.

JuJu(time to move on)
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    POOF !
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly