In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Server hosting gun forums having trouble

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited June 2006 in General Discussion
Two of the other gun forums I frequent have been having a great deal of trouble lately due to the server having been hacked.

There was some suggestion that the attack might have been specifically targeting firearms related websites.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't surprise me. The anti-gunners will do anything to disrupt the pro-gunners....[V]
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I noticed www.gunsnet.net is down today.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hackers often hack or attack computers or servers to use them in gaming, or just to prove to each other that the can. A way of saying my kung fu is bigger than yours.
  • Options
    7.62x397.62x39 Member Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a friend who can do some "counter-hacking", just give me the source if you can find it and I will contact him. Get a hold of me first though on Gunbroker.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the culprit is a little bit closer to home. Perhaps GB Admin has too much time and a lot of Kung Fu on his hands?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hugh! shame on you, casting aspersions on a fine upstanding young man like Admin![:0][:(!]

Admin, the check is in the mail, right?
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7.62x39
    I have a friend who can do some "counter-hacking", just give me the source if you can find it and I will contact him. Get a hold of me first though on Gunbroker.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Counter hacking is not very Christ like thing for you to offer.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    quote:Counter hacking is not very Christ like thing for you to offer.

Neither were Hiroshima and Nagasaki ... but they WERE
    the most effective 'bang for the buck!'[:D]
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The mauser related site is down again.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly