In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

C&P Story...I Think It Is Genuine...

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
It should be easy enough to verify or debunk for those of you who know how.

Hello Everyone.

I just wanted to pass this information along to each of you so you know what a truly compassionate and caring man we have in President Bush.

My first cousin, Shawn Kettler, and his wife, Suzanne, and daughter, Laramie, lost their 6 year old son, Sam, in a drowning accident this
past Saturday (March 6th), outside Gatesville.

They all live within a few miles of the President's place in Crawford TX.

Sam and a young friend of his were walking around a tank when the mud gave way and Sam fell in the tank. The tank is a spring fed tank, and Sam was sucked under the water into a "sink hole" where the spring came into the tank.

His little friend tried to get him out but was unable to reach him, so he ran about 200 yards to his house and told his grandmother. The grandmother called 911 then went to the tank, but was unable to even see Sam.

Sam's father and a volunteer fireman arrived first and began diving into the tank but were unable to locate Sam. (I believe they said the water was about 10 feet deep.) The Deputy Sheriff that received the 911 call was at the entrance to President Bush's ranch when the call came in.

He told the Secret Service agents at the gate what was happening and they, in turn, radioed the ranch house. President Bush told them to "Go - take all the men and equipment you need and just go." He also sent his personal physician and his helicopter over to the tank.

Sam was finally located and pulled from the water by one of the Secret Service agents. (I believe there were 5 agents there all total.)

There was a faint pulse but they could not revive little Sam. President Bush's doctor began working on him and they loaded him into the Presidential helicopter and took him to Hillcrest Hospital in Waco.

The doctors there worked on him for awhile, but he had been under water for 45 minutes, so there was really no hope for his recovery. And, had he survived, he would never have been the same.

Sam was truly a unique little boy who lived life to the fullest. And he loved the fact that "George Bush, the President" had chosen to live so close to his house.

When the family went to the funeral home in Gatesville on Sunday to make the arrangements, they were told everything had been paid for by an anonymous donor. After much "detective" work, it is believed that President Bush is that anonymous donor.

I just wanted all of you to hear this story so you know what a true gentleman our President is. And I ask that you pray for my family as they deal with this tragedy. And, lastly, please pray for our
country and President Bush as he attempts to hold it all in place.

Don't ever forget to tell everyone close to you and possibly, some of those not so close, how much you love them. Tell them everyday because life is short and very unpredictable.

I love each of you.

Debbie Barnes

Debbie Barnes
Texas Cooperative Extension
District 8
1229 N Hwy 281
Stephenville TX 76401
254-968-4144 Ext. 212
254-965-3759 Fax
dlbarnes@ag.tamu.edu

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net

Comments

• Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good story..and hopefully it is true. It is sad that the little boy drowned, but everything I've heard, read, and seen about President Bush, this sounds like something he would do.

I have talked with an agent that works his detail, so will try to nose around and see if I can verify it.

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • Options
    Indy7373Indy7373 Member Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure if it is true or not, but would like to believe it. It seems to be in character with Bush.

Happiness is a warm gun.
  • Options
    NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    That's the George Bush I'll again vote for.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Snopes says otherwise. This was posted here at GB a few days ago. Wonderful story but the President had nothing to do with paying for the funeral arrangements.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/funeral.asp

quote:
    Here is the funeral home manager's statement:

The email that has been forwarded to a number of people and has unfortunately become the talk of everyone in Gatesville. The local media is calling us, along with many citizens in our community.

As with every family that we serve, all financial arrangements and conditions are held in strict confidence. However, with the overwhelming amount of conversation and questions in regard to this tragedy, the privacy of the Kettler family has been violated. I spoke with Shawn this morning and he asked me to try and put a stop to these rumors.

Since the day Gatesville Funeral Home opened and a family has experienced the death of a child, we have not burdened the family with any charges from the funeral home. The family may incur charges that are not ours, such as a cemetery lot, obituary notices, flowers, etc. This has always been our policy and has been an understanding between the family and us.

The funeral expenses that were incurred to the Kettler family were paid for by a close family member and not President Bush. For the sake of the family's privacy, I hope these facts will straighten this matter.
    Last updated: 22 March 2004

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

crawfordsville.gif
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly