In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Choices, Choices

FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Trying to narrow down purchase for a CCW. Have read the reviews on all these, but would like opinions on which y'all would pick:

Taurus PT111
Kel-tec P11
Ruger .357 sp101 3"
Other .357 snubs

That Ruger is about as high as I can go on price. Any other suggestions in the price range are welcome. Keep in mind I am a small guy so concealment is an issue. Also have trouble w/ trigger reach on some of the other DAO auto's. Thanks!

Comments

• RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I vote for the Ruger, but I am kind of biased.

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    1. Other 357 snubs
    2. KelTec P11

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    might be out of your price range. But I shot a little Kahr in 9mm the other day and was very impressed at the accuracy.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    EAA Witness compact. Under $350.00. 9mm 40S&W 45acp or my favoite 10mm. Reliable and a very good buy. my 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    might be out of your price range. But I shot a little Kahr in 9mm the other day and was very impressed at the accuracy.

I haven't shot the Kahr, but it sure felt great in my hand when I looked at it. But unless I found some crazy deal it's just too high.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gap1916
    EAA Witness compact. Under $350.00. 9mm 40S&W 45acp or my favoite 10mm. Reliable and a very good buy. my 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO

How much samller are the compacts? I can't seem to find anything but full size to look at in person (even at the gun show).
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    for a ccw go for a quality weapon & something that fits your grip.
    one thing for sure is that you dont want a failure (god forbid) if you are forced to use it.
    even if you have to wait a week or 2 to scrape up the $, it will be worth it in the long run.
    IMHO the weapons you described would not be my first choice.
    But hey I'm just picky!
    Me I like compact sigs, beretta's, and hk, in semi's in 357sig or bigger. Wheel guns S&W & Colt in 357 minimum. And quaility 1911's
    walte
    edited November -1
    Any other suggestions?
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    The GP100's are going for $229.00 in like new used condition in SGN. I believe they were the stainless ones too.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    If your looking at .357 snubbies then consider a Taurus total Titanium. Very light weight which makes them great for concealed carry. Don't rule out the .44 Special and the .45 ACP in the Taurus Titanium snubbies, a little more oomph at the same size.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ask pabooger about the P-11, he just bought one not too long ago.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Used S&W snubbie - Chief or K Frame. .38 Spl or .357 Magnum. You can find them for around $200 - $250.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    P-11

f9ef9b6e.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin