In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Would you care who is president if the AWB passes?

2 gun2 gun Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I for one will cancle my NRA membership and stay home come election day.If the republicans can't defend my rights then what good are they.I know the dems are far worse but mabie if they stick it to us enough it will wake up those that think the first amendment is about duck hunting.

IT"S better to die by fire then serve by force

It's not gun control.It's personal defence elemanation. They only want to control ours.

Comments

• IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Always vote, even if it is a "thrown away" protest vote for a third party candidate who is more in keeping with your views. Besides, there may be others further down the ballot whom you would like to support . . . and at worst, write in someone. At the rate things are going, even this right may be on its way out, but boycotting elections is not the answer as long as you have alternatives. Please.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    quote:at worst, write in someoneby iconoclast

So who on the board is willing to accept if elected?!?![:p]

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    49% (ALMOST HALF) of the eligible voters "stayed home" in the last presidential election. Just imagine what would have happened if those voters would have voted for a third party. 49% would have beat the sheet out of 25% and 26%. If you do not vote, you do not have the right to bi*ch about the outcome.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • 357357 Member Posts: 403 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    49% (ALMOST HALF) of the eligible voters "stayed home" in the last presidential election. Just imagine what would have happened if those voters would have voted for a third party. 49% would have beat the sheet out of 25% and 26%. If you do not vote, you do not have the right to bi*ch about the outcome.

The gene pool needs chlorine.

I never thought of it that way, but you're right man.[;)]
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that would finally cause me to change to the Libertarian Party. I've been leaning that way for awhile.

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • 2 gun2 gun Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are right I was wrong .I will vote and If The AWB ban passes I will write (None of the above ).But if As I have heard the NRA is auctly supporting the ban I will end my support for them .If anyone knows anything about the NRA supporting the AWB please post it.

IT "S better to die by fire then serve by force

It's not gun control. It's personal defense elimination. They only want to control ours.