In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Concealed carry in WI down the drain

gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
well our shot at a over ride came today and we lost by one vote , we needed 66 votes to override Gov. Doyle's veto and we only got 65, I don't have a link to the story yet as they just voted a little while ago but it was on the news , man it really sucks [:(][:(][:(]

Comments

• Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember him and those that sided w/ him when/if they come up for re-election, regardless of what position they are "bleating" at that time.

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Sorry to here this. So close yey so far. [:(]

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always feel sorry for my second class brothers under the Bill of Rights in other states.... [;)] Sorry to hear it. Doyle must not care about re-election, since those 65 votes represent an awful lot of voting citizens. I've always detested politicians who claim they were elected to "do the right thing" rather than listen to their constituents. Such arrogance in a public servant begs for retirement by force of the vote.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear this, it took us here in Ohio forever to get ours finally passed, Gov. Taft and his hired thugs aka Highway Patrol kept shooting it down for years. It's funny that mid term elections were coming up and it passed.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So what? Tough it out like we do here in Nebraska. It seems like every year we try for a CCW law, and every year it gets stalled or shot down by either Ernie Chambers, the Afro-American Thug's Best Friend, or one of the stupid-assed soccer mom women in the Unicameral, or both. And anytime it's been close, what's been offered is a joke anyhow---so many hours of training by cops who themselves are such "proficient, highly-trained" shots that they couldn't hit a bull in the * with a handful of peas (and I've seen 'em practice at the local indoor range, so I can vouch that that's true), and yearly renewal fees, etc. Even the original sponsor has said "forget it, this is so far afield of what I originally proposed that it's not worth it."

That's just the way it is----we genuflect to these jerkoffs, begging Caesar's permission to carry a sword like we're not already GUARANTEED the right to do so by our Constitution, and we're so USED to it that we accept that it's the only "legal" way to go. Well, we're getting what we deserve, so no one should be surprised that Caesar denies his royal permission and people go about unprotected...Unless, of course, they're part of the chosen few, like cops and politicians and celebrities.