In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dancing With Goats

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Tools drooped off the new kid yesterday. Cute little week and a half old female. If you walk fast across the room she does a spiffy little dance to catch up. Kind of like an Irish jig with a touch of Appalachian clogging thrown in. Don't know if'n I'm a doin it right. Is there a protocal for dancing with livestock in the kitchen. I guess there is only one member who can answer that.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never Merengue before tea; the nanny should be poised but not affected; simple satin opera pumps on all four feet will save the linoleum.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to raise a few and always loved the twins when they were little. the way they would run through tall grass was comical. the only problem with baby goats is they grow up. I had to get rid of them because they get out no matter what I did.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Somehow I just knew ewe'd know the proper etiquette. Dusting off my Astairs for the big finish!

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Our male Pygmy is 15 this month, raised him (and three others over the years) from a puppy.

Nothing funnier than letting them play on stairs...up, down, three times around before they touch the carpet. Then there's the run across the yard, all four legs kicking to the side at the same time defying gravity, just for the sheer pleasure of running and jumping. More fun than monkeys, and a lot cuter than can be described.

Like dcon, wish they could stay little forever! [:D]
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,363 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Baby Goats are about as "cute" as ti gets. I'm thinking of getting a baby to keep my lawn down and "trade" when he gets too big.

Took this picture when visting a goat farm last summer. Made the trip because one of the goats had a litter of THREE,, highly unsual. Yes there are three,, had to heard, hold and shoot.

Funny,, but they were different sizes,,, but I was assured they were from the same mother and the same time...

goatroaping1.jpg

esposa.gif
    Baaaaaaaa is just another way of saying I LOVE YOU
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quote:

"Baaaaaaaa is just another way of saying I LOVE YOU"

Ugh, goats. TRIPLE-ugh, sheep. It amazes me people would want 'em for pets!

I propose instead:

"Baaaaaaaa is just another way of saying HERE I AM--WHERE'S THE MINT JELLY?"